Rupert Murdoch finally admits it - FOX LIES!!!

N

nonsqtr

You didn't get the video? Well, look, this is kinda a sarcasm piece, it's not exactly on top of my list of priorities right now. I'll take a look at it in a while, I probably made a mistake in the link or somethin'. Right now I'm hunting down all my local representatives. Those clowns are about to get an earful! :D And if that don't work, I'm gonna get in my car (the one that's no longer legally registered 'cause I got better things to do with my money than piss it away on insurance) and drive straight to Sacramento, and start pounding on a few doors. I was just there last week, I can be there inside of six hours. PLENTY of time before the doors open on Monday morning. And I mean, I'm gonna STAY there, until I get a personal audience with my elected representative. And if the f*cker doesn't want to see me, I'm gonna call every single f'in reporter this side of Timbuctoo, and do all MANNER of outrageous stuff so I get publicity, and pretty soon those idiots are gonna have so much heat in their kitchens they're gonna be just BEGGING for a little relief. And they're not gonna get it, till I feel like givin' it to 'em. And right now, I'm not inclined to give 'em a F*CKIN THING, except an earful and a lot of grief!

So like, Rupert Murdoch? Meh.... y'know? I just happened to notice it, so I took a minute to post it. You'll forgive me, but Rupert Murdoch has less to do with me feeding my kids, than those fools in Sacramento. So, first things first. I'll get to the Wall Street Journal "later", once I have even a modicum of confidence that any investment I make isn't going to result in some kind of ripoff!

:mad:

:D

T
Ha ha ha - straight from the horse's mouth!

Countdown with Keith Olbermann - The Official Web site Countdown with Keith Olbermann

Rupert Murdoch: "We are a company that will not tolerate facts."

:lol:

Rupert should be classified as a terrorist and all his American assets should be seized!

:mad:
Keith Olberman? Do you have a reliable news source for this information?

Olberman is a scatterbrain who wants to be funny ans serious at the same time, but worse he is a committed leftist, but is clueless what it really means. Does't work.

This was all out of context I'm sure.

G

Goldwater

Rupert Murdoch has already admitted his tactics quite a few times. He's open about it, and it creates revenue for Newscorp.

Here's one example. His admission is at about :50 if you don't want to see the whole thing:

YouTube - Murdoch of Fox News Admits Manipulating the News for Agenda
I don't think any news reporting should support our governments. If the government can't sell thier own policy through CSPAN, White House New Conferences, and the results that we see as citizens...they don't deserve additional support, because that's where it becomes propaganda and the sheeple are affected. That goes for Liberals and Conservative governments.

According to "All the King's Men"...Woodward was a waspy conservative Republican and Bernstein was an ultra liberal Democratic jew. Exposing Nixon for Watergate was perpetrated by professionals who adhered to journalistic integrity. Who's like that now?

Can you imagine Olbermann taking down Obama, or Hannity taking down Reagan?

Newscorp's revenue is down 35% and they've taken off the gloves. Thier is no news at all anymore on Fox. Just a Liberal free tabloid version of Hannity, O'Relly even worse. David Beck and his good ole McCarthy Hour. The Liburuls they use are becomming even less competant, and get shouted down and laughed down twice as much. The anger actualy increased and I didn't think that possible.

Murdoch got the ball rolling and made lot's of money which made propagandizement of the news a good investment. I don't hate him, I'm just dissapointed in sheeple.

B

Bluegrass

I don't think any news reporting should support our governments. If the government can't sell thier own policy through CSPAN, White House New Conferences, and the results that we see as citizens...they don't deserve additional support, because that's where it becomes propaganda and the sheeple are affected. That goes for Liberals and Conservative governments.
News media absolutely should not support government, rather critique it with a fine tooth comb.

But that doesn't create as much revenue. That's what they are about- journalistic integrity isn't as important to them, it is secondary to revenue.

According to "All the King's Men"...Woodward was a waspy conservative Republican and Bernstein was an ultra liberal Democratic jew. Exposing Nixon for Watergate was perpetrated by professionals who adhered to journalistic integrity. Who's like that now?
Nobody in mainstream media is like that now. No mainstream media takes a deep, serious look at things like this now. They weave it into commentary shows and espouse opinion about serious matters, but never take a serious look at them with journalistic integrity. This way, they are able to give the illusion they are doing their job.

Take Bush, Cheney and the 9-11 commission for example. They would only talk if they appeared together, no cameras, no recording, no family, and they could not be under oath. Something like this should be a huge red flag and scrutinized by news organizations. Not in commentary, but instead a serious inquiry.

Can you imagine Olbermann taking down Obama, or Hannity taking down Reagan?
The main problem I have with the mentioned is that they create a facade of journalism.

Newscorp's revenue is down 35% and they've taken off the gloves. Thier is no news at all anymore on Fox. Just a Liberal free tabloid version of Hannity, O'Relly even worse. David Beck and his good ole McCarthy Hour. The Liburuls they use are becomming even less competant, and get shouted down and laughed down twice as much. The anger actualy increased and I didn't think that possible.

Murdoch got the ball rolling and made lot's of money which made propagandizement of the news a good investment. I don't hate him, I'm just dissapointed in sheeple.
Exactly. It's not Murdochs fault- it's the ignorance in society that actually calls this garbage journalism. Murdoch is completely upfront that it's all about the revenue and what sells. He's even upfront about the political catering at Fox News. He made a great business decision in making a news/entertainment channel aimed at social conservatives. Even non-social conservatives tune in because it makes great entertainment.

Murdoch probably looked at Rush's numbers, and realized a 24 hour channel would make lots of money, and it has.

The main problem is not Fox News essentially, but the trend it has influenced and trailblazed in other cable news networks. They are taking the same approach, except niching out their own audiences for revenue. So they'll go the "left" route, or "moderate" route.

In essence though, all the channels together really don't open up the parameters for debatable material. They all ignore concerns that millions of Americans have about government. They cater to the same parties, same interests and same issues. They give the illusion that they are reflecting the free thinking going on by millions of people, but they are not.

G

Goldwater

News media absolutely should not support government, rather critique it with a fine tooth comb.

But that doesn't create as much revenue. That's what they are about- journalistic integrity isn't as important to them, it is secondary to revenue.

Nobody in mainstream media is like that now. No mainstream media takes a deep, serious look at things like this now. They weave it into commentary shows and espouse opinion about serious matters, but never take a serious look at them with journalistic integrity. This way, they are able to give the illusion they are doing their job.

Take Bush, Cheney and the 9-11 commission for example. They would only talk if they appeared together, no cameras, no recording, no family, and they could not be under oath. Something like this should be a huge red flag and scrutinized by news organizations. Not in commentary, but instead a serious inquiry.

The main problem I have with the mentioned is that they create a facade of journalism.

Exactly. It's not Murdochs fault- it's the ignorance in society that actually calls this garbage journalism. Murdoch is completely upfront that it's all about the revenue and what sells. He's even upfront about the political catering at Fox News. He made a great business decision in making a news/entertainment channel aimed at social conservatives. Even non-social conservatives tune in because it makes great entertainment.

Murdoch probably looked at Rush's numbers, and realized a 24 hour channel would make lots of money, and it has.

The main problem is not Fox News essentially, but the trend it has influenced and trailblazed in other cable news networks. They are taking the same approach, except niching out their own audiences for revenue. So they'll go the "left" route, or "moderate" route.

In essence though, all the channels together really don't open up the parameters for debatable material. They all ignore concerns that millions of Americans have about government. They cater to the same parties, same interests and same issues. They give the illusion that they are reflecting the free thinking going on by millions of people, but they are not.
Ike warned of the Military Industrial complex.

I warn of the Media Political Complex. My dialog in the last few posts reflects how our end of the thing looks to me.

The real kicker is that we have the technology to connect the voter with thier legislator, and most legislators are fairly up to date about thier positions on thier web sites. And CSPAN, I notice you watch.

Oh well... :)