Russell Wilson stands tall for Seahawks in Super Bowl

Nov 2008
Washington state
russell wilson super bowl.jpg

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - In the regular season, Russell Wilson didn't throw half as many touchdown passes as future Hall of Famer Peyton Manning. He came into Super Bowl XLVIII as the other quarterback, the kid and the up-and-comer.
But on the field at MetLife Stadium, 25-year-old Wilson was the model of quarterbacking efficiency. Now, he has a Super Bowl title in his second NFL season.

He completed 18 of 25 passes for 206 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed three times for 26 yards.
But he also never made the big mistake or wilt under pressure on the NFL's biggest stage. On a night when Manning was intercepted twice and lost a fumble, Wilson had no turnovers by interception or fumble. He picked up his game in the second half as the Seahawks turned a comfortable advantage into a full-blown rout.
"It's never comfortable when you're playing Peyton Manning," Wilson said. "But my whole thing is stay in the attack mode. That's what I kept telling the guys. And that's why we kept scoring touchdowns and making plays, like Percy Harvin had great night tonight. Our defense was great. Special teams made so many plays it was unbelievable."
It's not the first time a quarterback has won the Super Bowl without big stats.

So what happened to the Denver Broncos with Peyton Manning , onw of the best quarterbacks in history. This was a routing, not just a simple defeat. Manning could hardly function. I liked the Broncos when Tim Tebow was there and they did very well. Since I'm a Seattle Native the Seahawks make me proud. I thought this was one of the beast team efforts of defense seen in a long time. Russell was an outstanding passer as well.

Russell Wilson stands tall for Seahawks in Super Bowl - USA Today

Russell Wilson
✔ @DangeRussWilson
FollowSuper Bowl XVIII Champs! 1st one in Franchise History! God is so good! #GoHawks

Reactions: 2 people
Jun 2007
Wisconsin
Big fan of Wilson's. His only year at Wisconsin was phenomenal. I didn't know if he would be a prime time quarterback in the NFL, but he showed it last night. While the greats like Brady, Rodgers, and Brees were on their couches last night watching the game, Wilson stepped it up on the biggest stage.

Good for him.

May 2012
By the wall
I suppose in today's liberal America that mediocrity passes for success.

Wilson won't lose you any games but he also won't win you any, he's a good supporting character.

He performs as well as those around him do, the ultimate definition of team effort I suppose.

He will have a decent career but unlikely to ever see the inside of the Hall of Fame, other than as a guest.

Mar 2012
I have to hand it to Seattle's defense, I mean, no matter what Denver did, even if they gained something, there always seemed to be a a trio of Seahawks punishing them for it. They were truly relentless....

Reactions: 2 people
Feb 2013
<«-------†------»> Floating Between Dimensions.

it was sooooo bad!

Should of kept junior here below

This could had been done at the start of this game, to the victors.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2010
I have to hand it to Seattle's defense, I mean, no matter what Denver did, even if they gained something, there always seemed to be a a trio of Seahawks punishing them for it. They were truly relentless....
Yeah, that really stood out, they Broncos had no room for anything, even when they tried screen passes, 6 guys would be on top of the guy instantly. They were nasty

Nov 2008
Washington state
Big fan of Wilson's. His only year at Wisconsin was phenomenal. I didn't know if he would be a prime time quarterback in the NFL, but he showed it last night. While the greats like Brady, Rodgers, and Brees were on their couches last night watching the game, Wilson stepped it up on the biggest stage.

Good for him.
Wilson did really well because he has a great team, plus he's one heck of a good scrambler that passes very well. Time will tell on his greatness, but last nite was definitely a feather in his cap

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Mr. Wilson has done everything his team needed from him. At almost every point in the season.

Plus, it appears as if he is already a solid leader for his team, which seldom happens for a player this young.

Although thi is a YOUNG team.

I have a feeling the Seattle Seahawks are going to be a potent team for a few years to come.

That NFC West Rivalry between San Fran and Seattle is going to get rough.....

Nov 2008
Washington state
I suppose in today's liberal America that mediocrity passes for success.

Wilson won't lose you any games but he also won't win you any, he's a good supporting character.

He performs as well as those around him do, the ultimate definition of team effort I suppose.

He will have a decent career but unlikely to ever see the inside of the Hall of Fame, other than as a guest.

If you look at great quarterbacks you will always find they wouldn't be unless they had great teams. Peyton Manning is a great quarterback, but you wouldn't know it from last night.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Mr. Wilson has done everything his team needed from him. At almost every point in the season.

Plus, it appears as if he is already a solid leader for his team, which seldom happens for a player this young.

Although thi is a YOUNG team.

I have a feeling the Seattle Seahawks are going to be a potent team for a few years to come.

That NFC West Rivalry between San Fran and Seattle is going to get rough.....
That San Francisco game was a nail biter. That's the team Seattle is going to worry about. What happened to Denver?