Russia faces new Olympic ban

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Russia is once again in danger of being banned from next year's Olympics after the World Anti-Doping Agency revealed that historical data supplied by the country's anti-doping authority contained "inconsistencies."

WADA said on Monday it had opened compliance proceedings against the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) after examining the vast bank of historical testing data finally handed over in January.

The news means RUSADA is in danger of being declared non-compliant by WADA a year after a suspension was lifted, which could put increased pressure on the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to exclude Russia from the Tokyo Games next year for failing to ensure that its athletes are clean.

The WADA Executive Committee received a report from its Compliance Review Committee on Monday updating it on the analysis of data from the Moscow laboratory which contained the results of thousands of anti-doping tests undergone by Russian sportsmen and women.
More: Russia Facing Potential Olympic Ban After WADA Cites 'Inconsistent' Data - The Moscow Times

Reactions: Tedminator

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Russian athletes are cheating bastards ;)
Thing is, in such a situation, in a state run doping program, I dare say plenty actually had little choice about it. You either took the pills or injections or drinks or whatever it was. Or you didn't get onto the team, didn't get to compete at all, your lifelong dreams thrown out the window...

It wasn't a democracy. They weren't asked for their opinion on it all...

That's why I feel that individual athletes from there shouldn't be held responsible for this whole mess. Because they weren't. They didn't decide any of it themselves...

Nov 2015
UK
Thing is, in such a situation, in a state run doping program, I dare say plenty actually had little choice about it. You either took the pills or injections or drinks or whatever it was. Or you didn't get onto the team, didn't get to compete at all, your lifelong dreams thrown out the window...

It wasn't a democracy. They weren't asked for their opinion on it all...

That's why I feel that individual athletes from there shouldn't be held responsible for this whole mess. Because they weren't. They didn't decide any of it themselves...
Sounds like a dammed if you do and a dammed if you don't.

Did any decide to not take the drugs and get dropped from the team?

Reactions: The Man

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Sounds like a dammed if you do and a dammed if you don't.

Did any decide to not take the drugs and get dropped from the team?
I believe there were a few who refused. Some went to perform for mainly other ex-Soviet and toher East Europe countries. There was a long jumper lady, I believe, who switched to reprsent Azerbaijan instead. And one woman in biathlon, I think, who went to Slovaka, and continues to race for them, she won three medals (Gold + 2 Silvers) at the Olympics in Korea last year. :)

But, those were a small minority, of course...

Nov 2015
UK
I believe there were a few who refused. Some went to perform for mainly other ex-Soviet and toher East Europe countries. There was a long jumper lady, I believe, who switched to reprsent Azerbaijan instead. And one woman in biathlon, I think, who went to Slovaka, and continues to race for them, she won three medals (Gold + 2 Silvers) at the Olympics in Korea last year. :)

But, those were a small minority, of course...
Those few obviously have more integrity and are more conscious of their health.

Even Arnold Schwarzenegger had to have an heart op due to steroids.

Reactions: The Man