Russian Payments, Impropriety and Political Hypocrisy

Dec 2016
United States
The disgusting problem with partisan politics is the result is that both sides are left screwed in the end by those who take advantage of the rift. The newfound fears of Democrats about Russia were strangely absent prior to Mrs Clinton's defeat in November.

My position on this matter is this should be declared illegal no matter what political party someone is affiliated with. The buying and selling of high level political influence has become destructive to our nation and its security and both political parties are guilty of it.

HYPOCRITES: Media Jumps on Flynn Paid $45K for Moscow Speech, Ignore $500K Speech by Bill Clinton ? American Lookout

HYPOCRITES: Media Jumps on Flynn Paid $45K for Moscow Speech, Ignore $500K Speech by Bill Clinton

On Thursday NBC released a report trying to connect Russian corruption to the Trump campaign by showing that Russia paid Flynn $45,000 for a speech.

NBC News reported: “The state-sponsored Russian television network RT paid former Defense Intelligence Agency head Mike Flynn more than $45,000, plus perks, to speak at its 10 anniversary gala in December 2015, according to documents released by Democrats on the House Oversight Committee Thursday.

RT also paid to fly Flynn and his son to Moscow and put them up at a luxury hotel from December 9 to December 12, according to email exchanges between his speaker’s bureau, Leading Authorities, and a representative of the network.”

What is ironic about this is that the media likes to ignore the fact that Russia paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech a few years back when Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State.

Breitbart reported: The Democrats’ newfound paranoia about Russian influence on American affairs was certainly nowhere to be found when Hillary Clinton was cheerfully selling them a huge chunk of America’s uranium stockpile, right after a Russian bank paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech. The Russian bank in question, Renaissance Capital, was so pleased with Bill Clinton’s performance at that $500k Q&A that Vladimir Putin, who was prime minister at the time, personally called Clinton to thank him.

May 2007
Houston, Texas
The disgusting problem with partisan politics is the result is that both sides are left screwed in the end by those who take advantage of the rift. The newfound fears of Democrats about Russia were strangely absent prior to Mrs Clinton's defeat in November.

My position on this matter is this should be declared illegal no matter what political party someone is affiliated with. The buying and selling of high level political influence has become destructive to our nation and its security and both political parties are guilty of it.

HYPOCRITES: Media Jumps on Flynn Paid $45K for Moscow Speech, Ignore $500K Speech by Bill Clinton ? American Lookout

HYPOCRITES: Media Jumps on Flynn Paid $45K for Moscow Speech, Ignore $500K Speech by Bill Clinton

On Thursday NBC released a report trying to connect Russian corruption to the Trump campaign by showing that Russia paid Flynn $45,000 for a speech.

NBC News reported: “The state-sponsored Russian television network RT paid former Defense Intelligence Agency head Mike Flynn more than $45,000, plus perks, to speak at its 10 anniversary gala in December 2015, according to documents released by Democrats on the House Oversight Committee Thursday.

RT also paid to fly Flynn and his son to Moscow and put them up at a luxury hotel from December 9 to December 12, according to email exchanges between his speaker’s bureau, Leading Authorities, and a representative of the network.”

What is ironic about this is that the media likes to ignore the fact that Russia paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech a few years back when Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State.

Breitbart reported: The Democrats’ newfound paranoia about Russian influence on American affairs was certainly nowhere to be found when Hillary Clinton was cheerfully selling them a huge chunk of America’s uranium stockpile, right after a Russian bank paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech. The Russian bank in question, Renaissance Capital, was so pleased with Bill Clinton’s performance at that $500k Q&A that Vladimir Putin, who was prime minister at the time, personally called Clinton to thank him.

In spite of your bullshit attempts to make this the story, the real news is Trump colluding with Russia to alter our election.

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2015
SoCal

Flynn denied he took payments from Russia.

Why would he lie about that?

Dec 2016
United States
In spite of your bullshit attempts to make this the story, the real news is Trump colluding with Russia to alter our election.
This is one of several discussions on Russian money and influence. You can pick to ignore any payments to people who have a (D) by their name but I think the bad effect should cross political lines (D and R) and all be held to account.

Sep 2016
My own world
Because he knows what he did was wrong. It is exactly that type of behavior I mentioned in my top post.
Flynn broke the law as the FBI is finding out and he will be punished.

Your OP about Bill is fake. I already pointed this out to you in another thread. You don't accept the FBI looked into this and found nothing to it criminally as far as the Clintons that's your problem.

Clinton and Uranium deal
The FBI launched its investigation into the Clinton Foundation based on news stories and information in the book "Clinton Cash," The New York Times reported on Tuesday, citing law enforcement officials.

The detail was included in a larger story about the FBI's decision to announce it was looking into new documents related to the Hillary Clinton email investigation — which was closed in July — and how it broke with its policy over the summer to refrain from publicizing cases about either candidate so close to the election.

Those cases centered on former Donald Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort's ties to Russian interests in Ukraine and the Clinton Foundation.

The investigation into the Clinton Foundation, meanwhile, was first inspired by the book "Clinton Cash," published in 2015 and written by a Clinton critic, according to law enforcement officials. The book claimed the foundation traded favors and access for money while Clinton served in the State Department between 2009 and 2013.

The Clinton Foundation has accepted millions of dollars from foreign actors including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates. But the money was donated either before or after Clinton's tenure as secretary of state, according to PolitiFact.

We know Paul Manafort is still under investigation. What happened to that Clinton investigation. Oh, yeah, it's closed and no charges against the Clintons. I guess the Clintons are innocent and Paul Manafort maybe not so innocent and likely neither is Trump and his administration given we know they too are still under investigation.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Jeezus, right wingers are obtuse. It's not just that Flynn was paid for his work for RT. I hope you guys do it on purpose otherwise you look really stupid.

On December 29, the same day President Barack Obama announced more sanctions against Russia, Flynn was in contact with Kislyak to set up a phone conversation between Trump and Putin after Trump’s inauguration on January 20. Incoming White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer confirmed to reporters on January 13 that the contact took place, ABC News reports.

The conversation was “centered around the logistics of setting up a call with the president of Russia and the president-elect after he was sworn in,” Spicer said. “They exchanged logistical information on how to initiate and schedule that call. That was it. Plain and simple.”

However, on February 9, The Washington Post reported that Flynn had discussed the planned sanctions and Flynn’s spokesman even walked away from the denials issued in January. Flyyn “indicated that while he had no recollection of discussing sanctions, he couldn’t be certain that the topic never came up,” his spokesman said.
Michael Flynn & Russia: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Dec 2015
SoCal
Because he knows what he did was wrong. It is exactly that type of behavior I mentioned in my top post.
So it is wrong to take money for speaking.

Fair enough. If someone were daft enough to offer you money for a speech, you would refuse, and that is a fine example of prudence and personal responsibility.

I'd take the money myself, but I'd be damn sure to declare it.

Dec 2016
United States
Jeezus, right wingers are obtuse. It's not just that Flynn was paid for his work for RT. I hope you guys do it on purpose otherwise you look really stupid.

Michael Flynn & Russia: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Putting out backhanded personal insults do not help your position on the matter therefore you get ignored. You did not read what I wrote in my op or the following parts so in your zest to be clever you negated anything you posted.