Russian PENSIONERS at risk of HIV due to "active sexual life", exchanging partners

Jul 2011
Toronto
Pensioners in Russia are increasingly at risk of contracting HIV due to sexual activity, the head of a regional health center in Russia’s northern republic of Karelia has warned.

Late last month, the World Health Organization warned that Russia risked developing an out-of-control HIV epidemic after data showed a record number of new cases last year. Official data says there were an estimated 104,000 new HIV diagnoses in 2017, taking total cases to more than 1.2 million, though experts have said this is probably an understatement.

Late last month, the director of Karelia’s AIDS Center, Inna Rozhkova, said that Russian pensioners were increasingly being considered an at-risk group for HIV.

“In general, this population group leads a very active sexual lifestyle,” Rozhkova was cited as saying by the Rosbаlt news outlet. “Sex at 60 is now the norm.”

“They exchange partners and have group sex,” she added, citing the accounts of her patients. “They meet in each other’s apartments for quick sex and they also use drugs.”

Rozhkova said that over the past year, the republic of Karelia has seen an uptick in HIV cases.

“We are being flooded [with new cases] right now,” she said. “We have never had so many patients.”
Russian Retirees Increasingly at Risk of HIV Due to Unprotected Sex and Drug Parties, Expert Warns

lol Wow... Who knew...

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Perhaps it's all just a protest against Putin! That would be a way to FORCE the government to take care of AIDS patients, though that would be anathema to both Putin and his government but what other choice would they have? Oh yeah.....firing squads! Let's hope not.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Did the WHO really describe it as an "out of control HIV epidemic?" If so, WTF are these people thinking?

They all either just want to check out, and don't care who they take along with them, or profoundly stupid.

How much can you hate a condom?

Jul 2011
Toronto
Did the WHO really describe it as an "out of control HIV epidemic?" If so, WTF are these people thinking?

They all either just want to check out, and don't care who they take along with them, or profoundly stupid.

How much can you hate a condom?
Plenty of remote villages and small towns out in the provinces there, where they don't have them, period...

That's also why those regions have big issues with early/teen motherhood too

I remember reading about this one back in 2016
Natalia, from Bogdanovich, in the Ural mountains. 15 when the video was made. And already a mom of two... First one was when she was 12, I think. Both her baby daddies are in prison, but she loves one of them still, Sasha, Alexander, and is waiting to marry him when he gets out. Meanwhile, as a mother of at least two children in Russia, she is, technically, entitled to the Family Capital, roughly about $10,000 from the government for having a second and every subsequent child (used to be called Maternity Capital, but, believe it or not, groups representing men and fathers protested in recent times, demanding recognition for themselves and their... contribution, too lol As if the males don't already have all the fun parts, while the women take up most of the pain and hard work...)

As she shows in the video, the authorities did give her the certificate for FC; but are refusing to let her touch the money until she is 18. Natalia think that's very unfair: she has two babies to raise; her sister, 23, is also raising small kids by herself at the family home (single mothers and dead beat dads is another BIG issue in Russia, btw) and the their parents, along with the older sister, are struggling to support everyone on whatever they earn. The family is not wealthy, like most provincial, small town Russian families. They need that money NOW...

Hell of a dilemma. The authorities want to help them; but giving her the money then and now, in their eyes, could encourage more young girls from poor families to go out and get pregnant repeatedly, for the potential payouts...

I believe they ended up making her wait till 18th birthday anyway. So, she'll get her $$$ next year :)

But, yeah, this is nuts over there...

Still, I get high school kids screwing around. Hell... I myself left behind a son back there I had no idea about until years later, when was already established here in Canada...

But, folks in their 50s and even 60s!!!???

Oct 2018
Still, I get high school kids screwing around. Hell... I myself left behind a son back there I had no idea about until years later, when was already established here in Canada...

But, folks in their 50s and even 60s!!!???

The difference is if cases of HIV were rising like that, the Canadian government would be giving out free condoms and taking whatever precautions it could to control it, not sit back and watch seniors pass it around like it was a bottle of vodka.

Jul 2011
Toronto
The difference is if cases of HIV were rising like that, the Canadian government would be giving out free condoms and taking whatever precautions it could to control it, not sit back and watch seniors pass it around like it was a bottle of vodka.
Well... Look at it from Putin's point of view though: every pensioner who dies from HIV/AIDS, that's a pension he doesn't need to pay. That's more money for him and his cronies to stuff in their pockets and/or spend on various adventures in Ukraine, Syria, Africa, now they are propping up Venezuela too: Russia may be handing Venezuela a $6 billion lifeline

It is what it is...

Oct 2018
Well... Look at it from Putin's point of view though: every pensioner who dies from HIV/AIDS, that's a pension he doesn't need to pay. That's more money for him and his cronies to stuff in their pockets and/or spend on various adventures in Ukraine, Syria, Africa, now they are propping up Venezuela too: Russia may be handing Venezuela a $6 billion lifeline

It is what it is...
The fucker may be letting millions of people die of AIDS.