Ruth Bader Ginsburg praises Brett Kavanaugh and reflects on gender equality

Jan 2019
southeast
Imagine...maybe she should tell Kamala

Ruth Bader Ginsburg praises Brett Kavanaugh and reflects on gender equality
BY ALEXANDRA CHAIDEZ

UPDATED ON: JULY 3, 2019 / 1:14 PM / CBS NEWS

Supreme Court justice and liberal icon Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Tuesday praised newly-confirmed Justice Brett Kavanugh for appointing an entirely female staff. Ginsburg spoke about her own history in the fight for gender equality to a packed auditorium at Georgetown Law School.Ruth Bader Ginsburg praises Brett Kavanaugh and reflects on gender equality

May 2019
midwest
I Don’t Give A Flying Fig How Many Women Law Clerks Brett Kavanaugh Hires
July 3, 2019

<<....>>

Here's the thing, I guess, in theory it is nice that Kavanaugh hired women rather than more bro-dudes but I do not care. It doesn’t matter how many women he surrounds himself with — it can’t make me forget the testimony of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. I don’t know if his clerks don’t believe Dr. Ford or merely don’t care but neither makes me happy to have these women close to the levers of power.

And I don’t care how many women law clerks will be working at the Court when it, seemingly inevitably, overturns Roe v. Wade. What I care about is that reproductive freedom is under attack across the country, and it doesn’t matter what body parts you have or what gender you identify as if you are willing to participate in the destruction of these fundamental freedoms.

I’d be happier if every clerk was a guy if it meant my rights were secure. But that’s not a deal I get to make. Instead, we have to watch as Kavanaugh gets a gold star for diversity at the same time he’s part of a Court majority that systematically chips away at rights.

Kathryn Rubino is a Senior Editor at Above the Law, and host of The Jabot podcast.
:cool:

May 2012
By the wall
The way this new Court is working out its impossible to predict how they are going to rule.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they are voting.

You have righties siding with the left and lefties siding with the right.