S&P 500 Crosses 3,000

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
Please accept my apology for all my naysaying over the last decade or so. I was wrong about EVERYTHING. It's all going terrific! Make America Great Again!

Nov 2014
TN
Please accept my apology for all my naysaying over the last decade or so. I was wrong about EVERYTHING. It's all going terrific! Make America Great Again!
Joining the walkaway movement... I did when Gore Ran for President in 88.... He and Daddy Gore made a statement that turned me Republican.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Mmmmm

WASHINGTON—Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell sent a strong signal Wednesday the central bank could cut interest rates later this month by highlighting how the economic outlook hasn’t improved in recent weeks.Mr. Powell also said he wouldn’t leave his office if President Trump tried to replace him.

After Fed officials agreed to hold rates steady last month, Mr. Powell strongly suggested they could lower them in the months ahead if an economic outlook clouded by uncertainty over trade policy and weakening global growth didn’t brighten. On Wednesday, he said recent data showed little reason to expect improvement. “The bottom line for me is the uncertainties around global growth and trade continue to weigh on the outlook,” Mr. Powell told the House Financial Services Committee.

But Mr. Powell spent far more time Wednesday detailing the risks to the economy. Pressed on whether the strong June jobs report last week, in which employers added 224,000 jobs, had changed the outlook, Mr. Powell said, “The straight answer to your question is ‘no.’”

Data on growth from Europe and China has continued to disappoint relative to expectations since Fed officials met in June, Mr. Powell said. Growth in business investment has “slowed notably,” he said, possibly reflecting worries about trade

Jerome Powell Says Outlook Hasn’t Improved in Recent Weeks, Setting Stage for Rate Cut

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Mmmmm

WASHINGTON—Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell sent a strong signal Wednesday the central bank could cut interest rates later this month by highlighting how the economic outlook hasn’t improved in recent weeks.Mr. Powell also said he wouldn’t leave his office if President Trump tried to replace him.

After Fed officials agreed to hold rates steady last month, Mr. Powell strongly suggested they could lower them in the months ahead if an economic outlook clouded by uncertainty over trade policy and weakening global growth didn’t brighten. On Wednesday, he said recent data showed little reason to expect improvement. “The bottom line for me is the uncertainties around global growth and trade continue to weigh on the outlook,” Mr. Powell told the House Financial Services Committee.

But Mr. Powell spent far more time Wednesday detailing the risks to the economy. Pressed on whether the strong June jobs report last week, in which employers added 224,000 jobs, had changed the outlook, Mr. Powell said, “The straight answer to your question is ‘no.’”

Data on growth from Europe and China has continued to disappoint relative to expectations since Fed officials met in June, Mr. Powell said. Growth in business investment has “slowed notably,” he said, possibly reflecting worries about trade

Jerome Powell Says Outlook Hasn’t Improved in Recent Weeks, Setting Stage for Rate Cut
Hmm, the economy is growing twice as fast as we saw in the Obamaconomy.

1562802067262.png