Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Nice try at diversion...again.

And you would be wrong, again, about the Obamaecnomy

Let's see who to believe?

The Fed chairman or you?

Not a tough call btw.
GDP growth in the Obamaconomy was 1.6%, GDP growth in 2019 is 3.1%. No diversion, just the cold hard truth.

Reactions: orangecat

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
GDP growth in the Obamaconomy was 1.6%, GDP growth in 2019 is 3.1%. No diversion, just the cold hard truth.
LOL

President Donald Trump’s central claim about his economic policies officially crashed into reality on Thursday.

Throughout the 2016 campaign and since, the president and his party have vowed to kick-start tepid Obama-era economic growth. Specifically, they insisted tax cuts and deregulation would return growth to its post-World War II average of 3 percent — a level, candidate Trump said derisively, that President Barack Obama became “the first president in modern history” never to reach in a single year.

New government data on Thursday morning show that Trump, too, has failed to reach the 3 percent promised land, according to one major metric. The Commerce Department’s Bureau of Economic Analysis measured 2018 growth at 2.9 percent, matching the peak Obama enjoyed in 2015.

Trump and GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama's. That's not what happened

BTW, we are not done with 2019 yet

But again, nice try at the dodge and Powell's remarks.

Reactions: OldGaffer

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
LOL

President Donald Trump’s central claim about his economic policies officially crashed into reality on Thursday.

Throughout the 2016 campaign and since, the president and his party have vowed to kick-start tepid Obama-era economic growth. Specifically, they insisted tax cuts and deregulation would return growth to its post-World War II average of 3 percent — a level, candidate Trump said derisively, that President Barack Obama became “the first president in modern history” never to reach in a single year.

New government data on Thursday morning show that Trump, too, has failed to reach the 3 percent promised land, according to one major metric. The Commerce Department’s Bureau of Economic Analysis measured 2018 growth at 2.9 percent, matching the peak Obama enjoyed in 2015.

Trump and GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama's. That's not what happened

BTW, we are not done with 2019 yet

But again, nice try at the dodge and Powell's remarks.
We have one quarter since you cite was published. Obama's average annual growth rate was 1.59% and the author left out the fact that Obama left with 1.6% in 2016, which was his typical growth rate. The lowest of any POTUS in modern history, even worse than GWB who suffered through two recessions.

1562850427978.png

Jan 2016
Colorado
We have one quarter since you cite was published. Obama's average annual growth rate was 1.59% and the author left out the fact that Obama left with 1.6% in 2016, which was his typical growth rate. The lowest of any POTUS in modern history, even worse than GWB who suffered through two recessions.

View attachment 25607
As I'm sure you know, the only way you come up with an average of 1.59% for Obama is by including that AWFUL and ABYSMAL 1st Quarter of 2009 on HIS record, when it really belongs to the Bush/Cheney regime.

And as you've been told, repeatedly, it was INEVITABLE that we were going to be faced with a full DECADE of slow growth, following the most massive financial/banking/credit crisis since 1929. Over and over and over again, I have suggested that you read Eight Centuries of Financial Folly, by Rogoff and Reinhart, to acquaint yourself with that fact. Over and over and over again, such suggestions fall on deaf ears.

Reactions: the bull59

webrockk

Former Staff
Nov 2009
on the river
the trash who comprise legacy-left media spend every waking moment dreaming up ways to fill the news cycle with anything but the economy.

OH MY GOD, ALEX ACOSTA!
OH MY GOD, TRUMP PUTS THEM IN CAGES! (nevermind that they're Obama's cages)
OH MY GOD, TRUMP IS GOING TO MAKE IRAN MAD!

I'll not soon forget the left's capitalism-hating Messiah (Mr. "you didn't build that) letting us know that his flaccid economy was "the new normal"

Reactions: orangecat