Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a vulgar word. The White House isn’t happy.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Ivanka Trump sparked online outrage earlier this week when she tweeted a photo of herself with her younger son around the same time as reports that the U.S. government had lost track of nearly 1,500 migrant children last year. During a Wednesday night segment criticizing the administration’s immigration practices, “Full Frontal” host Samantha Bee directed some choice words at the first daughter.
“You know, Ivanka, that’s a beautiful photo of you and your child,” Bee said. “Let me just say, one mother to another, do something about your dad’s immigration practices, you feckless (c word). He listens to you.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/reliable-source/wp/2018/05/31/samantha-bee-used-a-vulgar-term-to-criticize-ivanka-trump-conservatives-and-the-white-house-arent-happy/

I guess unfunny and stupid people like Bee have to do something to get attention. She'll be fine. Nothing will happen to her show.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2014
midwest
Nov 2010
Oh, poor whiny victim conservatives. The Trump family are asshole, plain and simple.

And a woman calling another woman a **** is not sexist, and its not racist.

God, you conservatives are so fucking pathetic and whiny

Nov 2006
Oh, poor whiny victim conservatives. The Trump family are asshole, plain and simple.

He's jumping on trumps bandwagon of "how come I didn't get an apology when.....". When he never deserved one and the media was telling nothing but the truth.

Nov 2006
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/reliable-source/wp/2018/05/31/samantha-bee-used-a-vulgar-term-to-criticize-ivanka-trump-conservatives-and-the-white-house-arent-happy/

I guess unfunny and stupid people like Bee have to do something to get attention. She'll be fine. Nothing will happen to her show.
If she truly used that c word that's pretty disgusting of her. Has absolutely nothing to do with being racist but disgusting just the same. so much so that I would guess it's bullshit.

Nov 2013
NY
If she truly used that c word that's pretty disgusting of her. Has absolutely nothing to do with being racist but disgusting just the same. so much so that I would guess it's bullshit.
It's not bullshit.. she said it. ( of course it was bleeped, but she said it.)

Reactions: 1 person

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above

Thanks for adding so much to the conversation.

The deal is that these Leftists in the Media bring down the debate to personal attacks. The "C-Word" is never appropriate. What the hell is wrong with Samantha Bee (whoever she is)?

The whole outrage is built on disinformation. It's nice to see CNN recently reported the truth, but are not covering the truth on their broadcasts, nor are ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, etc...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/politics/hhs-responds-to-reports-of-lost-immigrant-children/index.html

The children are not lost, HHS Deputy Secretary Eric Hargan said in a statement. Their sponsors simply have not responded to follow-up calls from the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), the HHS department that oversees the care of unaccompanied alien or minor children.

The agency was under no obligation to make the 30-day follow-up calls to ensure that the children and their sponsors needed no additional services, he said. Now, this voluntary action is being used to confuse and spread misinformation, he said.
"This is a classic example of the adage 'No good deed goes unpunished,'" he said, offering a possible explanation.

"While there are many possible reasons for this, in many cases sponsors cannot be reached because they themselves are illegal aliens and do not want to be reached by federal authorities," he continued.

Oct 2013
USA
There are better ways to get the point across that Ivanka is tone deaf. Make no mistake about it, that picture was tweeted in the middle of the news about nearly 1500 children ripped from loved ones by ICE and had gone missing. Bee did not have to use that expression however everyone should have noted the heartless degree of Ivanka not thinking in the face of such a horrific news story.

Reactions: 3 people

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
I honestly don’t care. I’m not going to attack or defend her. I mean - she’s right, for a lot of reasons, which I’ll be on to explain later. But the WH set a standard that doesn’t include benefit of Vaseline.

Reactions: 4 people