San Francisco board rebrands 'convicted felon' as 'justice-involved person,' sanitizes other crime lingo

Jul 2014
midwest
Don't do ANYHING unless it will SOLVE ALL problems of that group?
Think man...THINK!!!
By "that group" are you referring to the formerly wonderful and beautiful city of San Francisco?

Yeah, it has slid much closer to a third world hole city in the past few years.

Freebies such as needles for the druggies is only one of the reasons.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
But you didn't point out facts. You made the ridiculous assertion that it was stupid for me to suggest passing out free dug needles to drug addicts was going to encourage more drug use. That's common sense and anything but stupid.

So just calling something stupid isn't much of an argument either. Especially when it defies basic logic.
No, it is not. I'm afraid that common sense is prerty much useless when dealing with active drug addicts.
What? You hand someone a clean needle and the first thing they think is "I've GOT to find some herion to shoot?"
They already HAVE the fucking herion habit or they would not be at the clinic getting free clean needles.
They are going to shoot up LESS if they only have a dirty needle?
No, the clean needles simply save lives and hopefully some of them will live long enough to get their shit together and get clean.

Reactions: the watchman
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
By "that group" are you referring to the formerly wonderful and beautiful city of San Francisco?

Yeah, it has slid much closer to a third world hole city in the past few years.

Freebies such as needles for the druggies is only one of the reasons.
Yeah, somone better tell the 23-25 million tourists and travelers that visit SF every year.
You people.....!:lol::lol::lol::lol::cool:

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
why would that be a problem?
If drug dealers, thieves and murderers are simply considered "justice involved persons," there is no longer any shame for a person choosing to be an evil and immoral person. Why would any criminal change their behavior if they don't hear and accept the reality of their choices? That's the problem this progressive movement can cause.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
yeah, it is pretty fucking weird to try to make harm reduction into a partisan issue. Must admit. That's something I never considered. But then, since Republican's generally seem to have an aversion to science and fact, I shouldn't be surprised.
Fact--Our great cities are mired in filth ,homelessness ,drugs ,and murder. FACT-They are all run by Democrats. Scientifically ,this could ring a few bells.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
No, it is not. I'm afraid that common sense is prerty much useless when dealing with active drug addicts.
What? You hand someone a clean needle and the first thing they think is "I've GOT to find some herion to shoot?"
They already HAVE the fucking herion habit or they would not be at the clinic getting free clean needles.
They are going to shoot up LESS if they only have a dirty needle?
No, the clean needles simply save lives and hopefully some of them will live long enough to get their shit together and get clean.
Drug addicts still have a presence of mind. They often know what they are doing is a bad idea before they do it. This idea that addicts aren't aware that using a dirty needle has risks or that drinking an obscene amount of alcohol is dangerous is not the case. By removing some the risks you make that decision that much easier for them to give in to their addictive state. And if you truly are a recovering addict you know this already whether you will admit it or not. So you are being extremely naive if you don't believe supplying drug addicts with free and safe needles isn't going to encourage them to shoot up more. Because it absolutely will.

Does this program save lives? I'll concede it might prevent the spread of disease in some cases. But it's a very short-sighted approach that does encourage more drug use. There are better ways to deal with this problem - like open treatment centers and get people the help they need to get off their addictions. Handing our free needles and assisting people with their addictions is not the solution.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
If drug dealers, thieves and murderers are simply considered "justice involved persons," there is no longer any shame for a person choosing to be an evil and immoral person. Why would any criminal change their behavior if they don't hear and accept the reality of their choices? That's the problem this progressive movement can cause.
What the fuck is so important about OTHER'S shaming them? You ENJOY that sort of shit THAT fucking much?
The ONLY shame that will cause a person to change/his/her ways is the same they feel themselves for their deeds.
You think they give a fuck what some stranger thinks or says about them?

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Drug addicts still have a presence of mind. They often know what they are doing is a bad idea before they do it. This idea that addicts aren't aware that using a dirty needle has risks or that drinking an obscene amount of alcohol is dangerous is not the case. By removing some the risks you make that decision that much easier for them to give in to their addictive state. And if you truly are a recovering addict you know this already whether you will admit it or not. So you are being extremely naive if you don't believe supplying drug addicts with free and safe needles isn't going to encourage them to shoot up more. Because it absolutely will.

Does this program save lives? I'll concede it might prevent the spread of disease in some cases. But it's a very short-sighted approach that does encourage more drug use. There are better ways to deal with this problem - like open treatment centers and get people the help they need to get off their addictions. Handing our free needles and assisting people with their addictions is not the solution.
While the Liberals clamor for Gun control ,they legalize pot and hand out free needles.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.

I'm on my way to chair a eight o'clock AA meeting now, talk to you later.
Trust me, you know jack-shit about active drug/alcohol addiction.
Count your blessings amigo.