San Francisco board rebrands 'convicted felon' as 'justice-involved person,' sanitizes other crime lingo

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
It's not like these people are model citizens.

The city can call them what they like. I am going to refer to the as what they are.
The problem with progressivism is this. We must make sure to never ever offend. The problem with progressives is they cannot call evil "evil" or a sin a "sin."

So why would a criminal ever change with a progressive worldview?

Mar 2019
California
If thieves, murderers and drug dealers never feel any shame, why would they ever change?
I don't see where shame comes into it. After a fifth attack of Hepatitus B , one would kinda figure this is self destructive behavior. Not to mention scurvy ,needle abcesses , and skin diseases.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
I'm on my way to chair a eight o'clock AA meeting now, talk to you later.
Trust me, you know jack-shit about active drug/alcohol addiction.
Count your blessings amigo.
You can pretend you didn't know consuming endless amounts of alcohol was bad for you if you want Hollywood. But we both know you did. Playing dumb with me doesn't change that.

I used to be an alcoholic myself. I would drink till I was drunk on a daily basis and once I started I couldn't stop no matter how much I wanted to. I blame my genes - because it runs in my family. Some of my old drinking buddies are dead now because of it. So don't act like you are the only one here who has struggled with alcohol addiction.

What finally made me to stop drinking was the risks associated with it. I knew if I kept at it it would end up killing me sooner or later so I eventually found the strength to stop. So the last thing you want to do if you are trying to get an addict off his or her addiction is remove the risks associated with it. Because it's contemplating those risks that are more likely than anything else to get them off of it. Making their addictions cheaper and safer certainly isn't going to do it. That's only going to encourage it more like I said.

Have fun at your meeting. ^^

Last edited:
Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
I don't see where shame comes into it. After a fifth attack of Hepatitus B , one would kinda figure this is self destructive behavior. Not to mention scurvy ,needle abcesses , and skin diseases.
Have you ever done something wrong, and when you were confronted with your wrongs/sins you felt convicted not to be that kind of man?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
The problem with progressivism is this. We must make sure to never ever offend. The problem with progressives is they cannot call evil "evil" or a sin a "sin."

So why would a criminal ever change with a progressive worldview?
isn't this thread based on righties getting offended over what some random city calls people who have already served their time ?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
people who have already served their time never feel shame unless they are called the appropriate names . You heard it here first . The board of supervisors in frisco are being pretty silly if they think this really makes any difference . But , not nearly as silly as people getting all "chicken little" over it.