Sanders joins Trump in telling the media to go to hell

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
I wouldnt say we have a right to know. It would be nice and transparent, but certainly not critical. Thats why there is a VP. I would prefer a generalized medical statement that they are fit for the job, like any of us would have for our employers. But not details. That should always be kept private no matter who.
He is 78 years old - so yes, even a "generalized" statement is better than nothing. But seems like he won't even do that.

If elected he would be the oldest President to hold the office

I just kind of find it ironic that people bitch about Biden's age, but not Warren or Sanders.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
He is 78 years old - so yes, even a "generalized" statement is better than nothing. But seems like he won't even do that.

I just kind of find it ironic that people bitch about Biden's age, but not Warren or Sanders.
Maybe that's because Sanders and Warren don't act like they belong in a nursing home....

If you walk around babbling incoherently and appear lost half the time then your age becomes more relevant. Sanders is still sharp as a tack and handles interviews and tough questions like a pro.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire

Yea over 70 is not a great thing for any president. They age so much in office. Plus they keep citing that democrats never win the WH (since WWII) with anyone 60 or over, or something like that. That is interesting.

Reactions: HayJenn

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
That's because the press in this country used to at least pretend to be objective. Those days are long gone. When the media becomes openly hostile with an obvious political agenda then the candidates they target have every right to tell them to fuck off. So that's the reason there is no longer a price to be paid. Because the mask is off of our media and the public knows it.

Props for an interesting post.
Kinda reminds me of Russian media back in the 90s.

Back then, actually, following the demise of the USSR, there was very little state ownership or censorship over media anymore (Putin, of course, would later reestablish that shit real quick...); instead, it all broke up into factions, each controlled by various powerful oligarchs of those days.

For example, Boris Berezovsky

owned the TV-6 channel (which doesn't exist anymore, today)
and "Kommersant", one of Russia's most prominent newspapers (today controlled by a new oligarch, loyal Putin sycophant, and carefully toeing the Kremlin line, for most part)

Among his numerous other media assets.

Etc. Other oligarchs also had own TV channels, radio stations, newspapers, and so on.

And those media conglomerates, back then, simply supported whichever politicians their oligarch boss ordered them to...

Politicos back then had to cut deal with the oligarchs, to get favourable coverage in the outlets the particular guy held sway over.

Your media in America now is becoming also like that, sadly...

Reactions: Jeremy

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Yea over 70 is not a great thing for any president. They age so much in office. Plus they keep citing that democrats never win the WH (since WWII) with anyone 60 or over, or something like that. That is interesting.
If Trump does end up serving 2 terms, he will be 79.

I don't see his supporters complain about that.

As it stands now, he is the oldest President to be elected.

And I will say, Sanders, is far more coherent than Trump is !!!

I've never seen him slur words over and over for example :)

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Kinda reminds me of Russian media back in the 90s.

Back then, actually, following the demise of the USSR, there was very little state ownership or censorship over media anymore (Putin, of course, would later reestablish that shit real quick...); instead, it all broke up into factions, each controlled by various powerful oligarchs of those days.

For example, Boris Berezovsky

owned the TV-6 channel (which doesn't exist anymore, today)
and "Kommersant", one of Russia's most prominent newspapers (today controlled by a new oligarch, loyal Putin sycophant, and carefully toeing the Kremlin line, for most part)

Among his numerous other media assets.

Etc. Other oligarchs also had own TV channels, radio stations, newspapers, and so on.

And those media conglomerates, back then, simply supported whichever politicians their oligarch boss ordered them to...

Politicos back then had to cut deal with the oligarchs, to get favourable coverage in the outlets the particular guy held sway over.

Your media in America now is becoming also like that, sadly...

Don't even try to compare our free press to the press in Russia

There is no comparison.

Nov 2013
NY
I kind of think the public has a right to know if he is in good health or not

We already know that Trump has lied about his medical records, time and time again.
Bernie just had a heart attack.. we KNOW he's not in good health.

Which is why he doesn't want to share his medical records anymore, i would assume.
And, given the obscure state of the union we are in.. i say good for him.. have to play the Trump game, if you want to beat Trump at it.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Your press is controlled by powerful businessmen; just like Russia's was back in those days...
But they do not take an active role in the newspapers they run,

Heck the WP has run stories that are critical of Bezo

They are free to print anything they want, unlike Russia.

Reactions: The Man