Sanders Says Democratic Party Is an 'Absolute Failure,' Calls for Takeover

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Bernie Sanders pointing out the 949 lost legislature seats. The 13 lost governorships. The lost House, the lost Senate, the lost White House. He calls the Democrat Party an absolute failure. He is advocating a Progressive Party. Could this be a signal of the end of the Democrat Party? A split in the party, maybe?

Sanders Says Democratic Party Is an 'Absolute Failure,' Calls for Takeover

In a speech at the "People's Summit" convention in Illinois, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) called on his supporters to take over the Democratic Party.

Sanders said the current model and strategy of the Democratic Party is "an absolute failure."

"The Democratic Party needs fundamental change," he said.

Sanders Says Democratic Party Is an 'Absolute Failure,' Calls for Takeover | Fox News Insider

Reactions: 2 people
May 2012
By the wall
The party is going to reform but its unknown who will come out on top.

Its certainly not going to remain the way it is however.

They are way too far left and filled with way too much hate.

I imagine they will realize this if they get spanked in 2018 which it appears they will.

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
So there's your proof that Sanders is no Democrat! Told you so before as have others.

There's nothing wrong with the Democratic Party itself, however. If there was, they, themselves would have already announced a departure from it. They haven't and they won't and that's a GUARANTEE! Sanders just wants to have his cake and eat it too which is not going to happen anytime soon. He cannot and will not take over the Democratic Party. If he wants to start a new Party he can do so but leave the Democratic Party alone, old man! Democrats are regrouping after the Russian hacking and eleventh hour bombshell by Comey in the last election. Some Americans apparently have not been hit hard enough yet to be able to realize that without supporting the Democratic Party they are going to have to Pay More for most everything that Democrats furnished to them most reasonably. The moment they fully open their eyes to see that no other political party can do that they will certainly have to reassess their feelings for the Democrats.

One just has to ask them, and Republicans too for that matter, just WHAT have you truly gained by having Republicans in office? How have you been helped and have been able to keep your money under Republicans for services and benefits that you received at little to no cost under Democrats?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I'm so fucking sick of Sanders.

Seriously.

He's not a Democrat.

But he seems to spend all his time trying to mold the party into what he wants it to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
I'm am so fucking sick of Sanders.

Seriously.

He's not a Democrat.

But he seems to spend all his time trying to mold the party into what he wants it to be.
But that will never happen. You know why? Simply because He Is NOT A Democrat! Period. Time for him to get out of Democratic politics and leave them alone. With his not even being a Democrat but trying to interfere with and in Democratic policies and matters he's now become a true pariah and should be seen as such.

Nov 2008
Washington state
I'm so fucking sick of Sanders.

Seriously.

He's not a Democrat.

The Democrat Party needs some young politicians that can covey their message to the American people.. Progressives have ruined the party. They have no voice and they obstruct everything. I like the idea of the Republicans running the country for the next decade, but I think its important for both parties to be healthy, just for the health of the country

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
But that will never happen. You know why? Simply because He Is NOT A Democrat! Period. Time for him to get out of Democratic politics and leave them alone. With his not even being a Democrat but trying to interfere with and in Democratic policies and matters he's now become a true pariah and should be seen as such.
he managed to get concessions out of the party last election. They had the most progressive platform in history. He has supporters that the DNC wants to bring into the fold. Perez needs to stop even trying to win over his supporters. They aren't interested in the party itself. Just their own selfish agenda. I think the best move is what HRC and Obama are doing. Trying to tap in to the "Resist Trump" movement.

Reactions: 3 people