Sarah Palin is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2007
[quote name='Stinger' date='18 August 2009 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1250617821' post='7306']

Go back to your sandbox and get over your obsession.

[/quote]

and that right there proves mine and others claim perfectly.

Jun 2007
[quote name='Blueneck' date='18 August 2009 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1250616357' post='7280']

No one is taking away your right to have private insurance. That's a LIE.

[/quote]No that is true,no one is taking away my right to have private insurance.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
[quote name='Blueneck' date='18 August 2009 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1250616357' post='7280']

No one is taking away your right to have private insurance. That's a LIE.[/quote]

You've stumbled into the truth in a sort of mirror image way....

Obama wants to take away our right to be uninsured.

To me health insurance (which it doesn't insure anything) should be optional.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
[quote name='Heel31ok' date='18 August 2009 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1250618067' post='7314']

No that is true,no one is taking away my right to have private insurance.

[/quote]

Smart ass.

Dec 2006
[quote name='kmiller1610' date='18 August 2009 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1250637460' post='7473']

You've stumbled into the truth in a sort of mirror image way....

Obama wants to take away our right to be uninsured.

To me health insurance (which it doesn't insure anything) should be optional.

[/quote]

it is optional, right up until you need it in which case it's pretty much mandatory.

You have every right to be uninsured...provided you can fully susidize the cost of your health care in the ER without

passing it on to the rest of us in increased fees and costs.

That's the true socialization of medicine.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
[quote name='johnlocke' date='18 August 2009 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1250642203' post='7495']

it is optional, right up until you need it in which case it's pretty much mandatory.

You have every right to be uninsured...provided you can fully susidize the cost of your health care in the ER without

passing it on to the rest of us in increased fees and costs. That's the true socialization of medicine.[/quote]

So keep me out of the ER. Let me die. I'll sign up for the option. Or if I decide to got to the doctor or the Hospital, bill me and let me be responsible. My attitude would be in the majority 100 years ago. But the bleeding hearts have convinced many that we MUST have "health insurance."

I think it's downright scary that people think my sickness should be automatically the responsibility of "society."

Dec 2006
[quote name='kmiller1610' date='19 August 2009 - 04:18 AM' timestamp='1250669918' post='7607']

So keep me out of the ER. Let me die. I'll sign up for the option. Or if I decide to got to the doctor or the Hospital, bill me and let me be responsible. My attitude would be in the majority 100 years ago. But the bleeding hearts have convinced many that we MUST have "health insurance."

I think it's downright scary that people think my sickness should be automatically the responsibility of "society."

[/quote]

The decision to socialize the cost of non-payment of medical bills was not made by "society" it was made by the medical insustry.

Further, I would stipulate that there is a valid public health interest (in some cases) in NOT allowing medical care to be predicated by how much you can pay. The every man for himself approach only works in an isolated population of one.

Reactions: Blueneck

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
[quote name='Bluegrass' date='08 August 2009 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1249771497' post='1855']

The problem here is you are giving Palin too much validation. Not in what she says, but who she is on the stage. Yes, she lies, and some people will believe her, as almost anything else that they want to hear. But is this any different than many other prominent figures in the party?

The biggest political stage is made for selling politics. The concept is no different than the infomercial guy who wants you to buy his CDs so you can live in a huge beachhouse with a yacht full of beautiful women. He's going to tell a select audience what they want to hear. Most people don't give much credit to this guy, which begs the question why so many give it to Palin.

Rush Limbaugh sells LifeLock and Carbonite. He sells health supplements and medicine. He also sells politics, just like Palin.

The motive isn't to expose anything. The motive is to tell people what they want to hear. It's a heavily scripted marketing decision. It just happens that the Republican base is making just about every horrible decision they can make, and their "product" isn't selling. Instead of giving the product an overhaul, they are just pushing the same product with more drastic measures, which leads me to believe that they hold a lot of value in that product for some reason.

I wish I could be as objective as you, but I can't. This is our country we are talking about, and if the example that is being set is one where if you allow the American people to participate in their own democracy, this is what happens, we are fucking doomed. How can people be so easily manipulated and when the hell did politics become Raider football? It's exasperating. People believe this shit. That's fucking scary as hell.

Maybe we should have a dictatorship, allowing people who don't have two brain cells to rub together to have a voice in our legislation is obviously a bad idea, and since we can't trust the "media" to present anything in straightforward fashion, and someone as loony as Sarah Palin can actually come within a few votes of the white house is just dangerous.

Hear, hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueneck
Status
Not open for further replies.