Sarah Palin is not invited to John McCain’s funeral: report

Jul 2015
Florida
Hummm, interesting. McCain himself never once BAD-MOUTHED Sarah Palin. He kept his thoughts to himself. He knew he threw her and her family into the deep end of the pool BUT after the election SHE chose to quit her job, flaunt her white trash 'make a fast buck' mentality and morality out on to the public stage and drag her ever willing 'reality TV' family of hypocritical morals and low IQ behind her. Still McCain still never said a word! Anyway, she isn't 'invited'. I'm sure she could attend the burial at Annapolis as the grounds are public. I'll assume she has better sense than to do that.​
MSNBC booking director Jesse Rodriguez tweeted Wednesday that NBC White House correspondent Kelly O’Donnell learned that Palin was not invited to McCain’s memorial.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) has reportedly not been invited to attend funeral services for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), her onetime running mate.

NBC News reported Wednesday that Palin had not been invited. A source within the Palin family told NBC News that “out of respect to Senator McCain and his family we have nothing to add at this point.”

Palin not invited to McCain's funeral: report

So .....

Was this because of President Trump too?

Why would his former Vice President running mate NOT be invited?

Jul 2015
Florida
John is lying in state at the Arizona Capitol. People have been paying their respects all afternoon. If Sarah Palin were such a populists as she claims...she would pay her respects like the thousands of other folk.
I saw that on CSPAN earlier. Quiet and dignified (but I still think if I was a mourner, I wouldn't show up in tennis shoes and shorts. Okay, I know, I'm now officially old)

Reactions: MaryAnne
Jul 2014
Border Fence
Sarah Palin is antithetical to everything Sen. John McCain believed.

Sarah Palin was against crony capitalism before Trump. Now she is a Trump supporter.

If she or Donald want to pay their respects, Sen. McCain is laying in state and viewing is on going.

Reactions: Friday13
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Sarah Palin is antithetical to everything Sen. John McCain believed.

Sarah Palin was against crony capitalism before Trump. Now she is a Trump supporter.

If she or Donald want to pay their respects, Sen. McCain is laying in state and viewing is on going.
Sarah Palin was McCain's pick for Vice President.

He obviously believe she represented his values at the time .... or was he lying and being a phony .... like everything else about his life?

I suspect the latter.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Do invitations typically get sent out for high profile funerals? (I learn new things every day.)

Or did the McCain family explicitly send out a request to the Palins to not attend?

It all does get a little confusing.....