Sarah Palin: It's “like a perpetual gut punch”

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Palin Disputes That McCain Regrets 2008 Vice President Pick

Sarah Palin is disputing revelations from Sen. John McCain’s new book that he regrets choosing her to be his running mate on the GOP ticket in 2008.

“That’s not what Senator McCain has told me all these years,” the former Alaska governor told the Daily Mail on Thursday. “I attribute a lot of what we’re hearing and reading regarding McCain’s statements to his ghostwriter or ghostwriters.”

snip

...McCain elaborates on some of his biggest political regrets. One was that he did not choose independent Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut...

snip

Palin said the torrent of news coverage over McCain’s regret that he did not select Lieberman is “like a perpetual gut punch” each time she sees it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/palin-disputes-that-mccain-regrets-2008-vice-president-pick/ar-AAx7u0Q?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Wow delusional still after all these years.

No Sarah, John McCain choosing you and putting you on the world stage has been a perpetual gut punch to the American people.

You, Ollie North and George Zimmerman will never go away.

Reactions: 4 people
Jan 2016
Colorado
The two things Sarah Palin is most famous for are:

(1) Her famous deer-in-the-headlights look when Katie Couric asked her what magazines she read, and where she got her information from; and

(2) Her hooters.

Actually, I guess that makes THREE 'things'.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2015
Florida
McCain was told he needed to PUNCH UP the ticket by a lot. He ALWAYS wanted Lieberman. Just like GORE wanted LIEBERMAN in 2000 and got him. Don't know who McCain might've picked in 2000. He never made it out of SC. KARL ROVE conducted his whisper campaign telling rural voters that McCain fucked a black woman and had a bastard black child and McCain was toast.

Anyone think MC CAIN or GORE would have INVADED Iraq? The rest they say, is history.

Last edited:
Jan 2016
Colorado
McCain was told he needed to PUNCH UP the ticket by a lot. He ALWAYS wanted Lieberman. Just like GORE wanted LIEBERMAN in 2000 and got him. Don't know who McCain might've picked in 2000. He never made it out of SC.KARL ROVE conducted his whisper campaign telling rural voters that McCain fucked a black woman and had a bastard black child and McCain was toast.
It was a MISTAKE for Gore to pick Lieberman in 2000, but it might have been a SMART pick for John McCain in 2008. Politics is sometimes funny that way.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
It was a MISTAKE for Gore to pick Lieberman in 2000, but it might have been a SMART pick for John McCain in 2008. Politics is sometimes funny that way.
Maybe. I think the Bush fatigue was sufficiently strong that McCain was unlikely to win no matter what. Still, had he made that alternative choice, he would have at least been worth listening to; but no way would I vote to put her a literal heartbeat away from the presidency, so his choice of running mate cemented my vote as soon as he made it. I still watched the debates, but that was more for entertainment and analysis than actual decision-making.

I imagine it will be quite some time before the idea of voting for a Republican seriously crosses my mind, again. The party has gone off the deep end.

Reactions: 3 people
Sep 2012
California
She is so stupid it hurts. Notice how she has been tossed aside by the tea baggers like an old piece of meat. She needs the attention, this may get her on another gig rounding up morons to make dough to bail her kids out of jail.

Reactions: 2 people

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
The two things Sarah Palin is most famous for are:

(1) Her famous deer-in-the-headlights look when Katie Couric asked her what magazines she read, and where she got her information from; and

(2) Her hooters.

Actually, I guess that makes THREE 'things'.
More than her mammaries, I'd say she's famous for inventing new words like "refudiate," "squirmish," and "misunderestimate." That and her infamous "I can see Russia from my house!"

Jan 2016
Colorado
More than her mammaries, I'd say she's famous for inventing new words like "refudiate," "squirmish," and "misunderestimate." That and her infamous "I can see Russia from my house!"
I LOVE the word 'refudiate', and think it has entered the English language more or less permanently.

I had completely forgotten the word 'squirmish', and I like that one, too!

I think it was George W. Bush who invented the word 'misunderestimate'. He said that his opponents would always 'misunderestimate' him. Now that's an UGLY word, a HORRENDOUS word, like 'irregardless'.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
I LOVE the word 'refudiate', and think it has entered the English language more or less permanently.

I had completely forgotten the word 'squirmish', and I like that one, too!

I think it was George W. Bush who invented the word 'misunderestimate'. He said that his opponents would always 'misunderestimate' him. Now that's an UGLY word, a HORRENDOUS word, like 'irregardless'.
You're right; "misunderestimate" was Bush's contribution.