Sarah Palin: It's “like a perpetual gut punch”

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The two things Sarah Palin is most famous for are:

(1) Her famous deer-in-the-headlights look when Katie Couric asked her what magazines she read, and where she got her information from; and

(2) Her hooters.

Actually, I guess that makes THREE 'things'.
She was the governor of a state and what comes to your mind first is her tits.

Last edited:
Jan 2016
Colorado
Maybe. I think the Bush fatigue was sufficiently strong that McCain was unlikely to win no matter what. Still, had he made that alternative choice, he would have at least been worth listening to; but no way would I vote to put her a literal heartbeat away from the presidency, so his choice of running mate cemented my vote as soon as he made it. I still watched the debates, but that was more for entertainment and analysis than actual decision-making.

I imagine it will be quite some time before the idea of voting for a Republican seriously crosses my mind, again. The party has gone off the deep end.
The last Republican I voted for was Senator Hank Brown of Colorado. A solid guy, a pro-science Republican who tried to get the Superconducting Super-Collider for Colorado back in the day when the United States still had a passing interest in high-falutin' high-energy physics and other kinds of cool science stuff.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2014
Border Fence
Maybe. I think the Bush fatigue was sufficiently strong that McCain was unlikely to win no matter what. Still, had he made that alternative choice, he would have at least been worth listening to; but no way would I vote to put her a literal heartbeat away from the presidency, so his choice of running mate cemented my vote as soon as he made it. I still watched the debates, but that was more for entertainment and analysis than actual decision-making.

I imagine it will be quite some time before the idea of voting for a Republican seriously crosses my mind, again. The party has gone off the deep end.
same here.

Reactions: 1 person
Jan 2016
Colorado
She was the governor of a state and all that comes to your mind is her tits.
She didn't even serve a full term. I guess the stress of the job was just too much for her. We have several photos of John McCain and Sarah Palin out on the campaign trail where the photographer caught John gazing fondly on Sarah's hooters. It was just all too obvious. Kind of embarrassing, really. And there was that famous moment during the Palin vs Biden debate when Sarah WINKED at the audience in that knowing way of hers. I'm sure there were probably 30 million Republican men in the national TV audience who were convinced that Sarah was winking at THEM. Oh, and she was not an impressive governor. Shrug.

Reactions: 4 people

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
McCain was told he needed to PUNCH UP the ticket by a lot. He ALWAYS wanted Lieberman. Just like GORE wanted LIEBERMAN in 2000 and got him. Don't know who McCain might've picked in 2000. He never made it out of SC. KARL ROVE conducted his whisper campaign telling rural voters that McCain fucked a black woman and had a bastard black child and McCain was toast.

Anyone think MC CAIN or GORE would have INVADED Iraq? The rest they say, is history.
I'm not seeing Lieberman as a plus on any ticket. He embodies the worst of both sides.

Reactions: 3 people
Jan 2016
Colorado
I'm not seeing Lieberman as a plus on any ticket. He embodies the worst of both sides.
I don't see him as a plus, either; I don't like the man. I was just saying that he would have been a much better pick for McCain in 2008 than Sarah Palin was----and I think that's pretty obvious. As Ian says, it probably wouldn't have been enough to help McCain win that year, but the election would have been a LOT closer----in my opinion.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
She didn't even serve a full term. I guess the stress of the job was just too much for her. We have several photos of John McCain and Sarah Palin out on the campaign trail where the photographer caught John gazing fondly on Sarah's hooters. It was just all too obvious. Kind of embarrassing, really. And there was that famous moment during the Palin vs Biden debate when Sarah WINKED at the audience in that knowing way of hers. I'm sure there were probably 30 million Republican men in the national TV audience who were convinced that Sarah was winking at THEM. Oh, and she was not an impressive governor. Shrug.
When someone talks about Obama's partial Senate term, do you immediate think about his penis? Or is that the second or third thing that comes to your mind?

Jan 2016
Colorado
When someone talks about Obama's partial Senate term, do you immediate think about his penis? Or is that the second or third thing that comes to your mind?
Actually, I have never, until just now, thought about his penis. I will leave that for you to think about, if you really want to.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I don't see him as a plus, either; I don't like the man. I was just saying that he would have been a much better pick for McCain in 2008 than Sarah Palin was----and I think that's pretty obvious. As Ian says, it probably wouldn't have been enough to help McCain win that year, but the election would have been a LOT closer----in my opinion.
Yeah, coming behind Bush was the worst timing any Republican could have possibly had and if the Republican majority hadn't been there to back Bush up on all the bad decisions, we wouldn't have had the mess we ended up with. There's no way a Republican could've won that. Especially against Obama, who, even though he way overestimated what he could get done, had enthusiasm and a "yes we can" attitude that the country really needed that year.

Reactions: 2 people