Sarah Palin on sexual harassment: 'People know I'm probably packing'

Feb 2007
In my mind
Really Sarah?

People don't sexually harass you because you probably have a gun on you?

Whilst I am an ardent supporter of the 2nd, I am note I see guns as quite the cure all my more extreme brethren do.

Sarah Palin on sexual harassment: 'People know I'm probably packing' so they 'don't mess with me' | TheHill

Sara Palin on sexual harassment: "I think a whole lot of people probably know I'm probably packing so I don't think there's a whole lot of people who would necessarily mess with me." pic.twitter.com/WqORpJ594P

— MSNBC ([MENTION=16489]MSNBC[/MENTION]) November 16, 2017

Sarah Palin (R) on Thursday condemned sexual harassment in the workplace, adding that she has not personally experienced it because people know she carries a weapon.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Yeah, that's great. If you don't carry, you're asking to be abused. Good job, Crusher. Great thinking. As always.
That gun looks more like a Makita drill.

Didn't she complain of being sexually harassed in college? Or maybe I'm getting her mixed up with someone else. There's so much mythology surrounding this woman.

Reactions: 4 people
Sep 2016
My own world
So does she have it under her dress or in her purse because I don't know about her but I don't usually like a big bulky gun hanging off me when I am wearing a dress. If its in her purse and she doesn't have it near her, then what good is it? She seems to think people are talking about getting mugged and you are walking around in public. These things happen in the office or social gatherings where you usually don't carry a gun with you on your person if you are a woman given the constraints of clothing options. If she hasn't been sexually harassed in Alaska of all places, I don't believe her or she is to dumb to realize what was going on or she is one lucky woman.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Great. Someone officially found to have abused her power wants to set herself up as a victims advocate.

Reactions: 4 people

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Sarah Palin doesn't get it... "Packing" doesn't make a difference. Is Sarah Palin was a low-paid worker in an office looking to climb the ladder, and a senior VP behaved in a highly inappropriate (but not threatening) manner, no gun will help her out of the situation without potentially costing her job.

Reactions: 1 person

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Sarah Palin doesn't get it... "Packing" doesn't make a difference. Is Sarah Palin was a low-paid worker in an office looking to climb the ladder, and a senior VP behaved in a highly inappropriate (but not threatening) manner, no gun will help her out of the situation without potentially costing her job.
Or a prison sentence. Everyone thinks it is so easy to just pop someone if they touch you. This is not the case. If a guy grabs your butt at work, you can't just turn around and shoot him in the face. You have to prove your life was in danger. At least that is what a cop told me in my defense classes. It is sketchy of what would happen if you turned around and slapped his head off. There is protocol and policy to follow.

Reactions: 3 people