Sarah Palin Sued for Divorce

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
A dissolution/divorce is a suit/petition to dissolve/end a marriage when filed by one party v the other party in the marriage. (or am I mistaken, @Ian Jeffrey? I have been divorced 3 times)
Yes, that is correct. It is rarely called "suing" for divorce anymore; since every state has gone to no-fault divorce ("the marriage is irretrievably broken," or language to that effect), there is no chance of a court denying a divorce, so the result of divorce is a foregone conclusion and all the court determines are the terms according to law. The term "sue" is usually used in terms of petitioning for a redress of grievances, whereas in a divorce no grievance need be asserted in order to obtain requested relief. Thus, one would typically say "petition" rather than "sue," but it works the same irrespective of the terminology.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
The mindless cheap shot on the left was uncalled for.

This whole thread and decade old obsession with a failed VP candidate is a mindless cheap shot. it's been 10 years. how does your ilk whine about people talking about left wing candidates or the squad, but start threads like this on a decade old failed vp candidate?

Reactions: spyydrr and Bronwyn
Aug 2016
CA
Reactions: spyydrr
Nov 2016
USA
This whole thread and decade old obsession with a failed VP candidate is a mindless cheap shot. it's been 10 years. how does your ilk whine about people talking about left wing candidates or the squad, but start threads like this on a decade old failed vp candidate?
Yeah, how dare anybody diss Saint Sarah. It’s ok to hurl tons of mindless cheap shots on liberal women, but how dare anybody say even one unkind word about Saint Sarah.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Yeah, how dare anybody diss Saint Sarah. It’s ok to hurl tons of mindless cheap shots on liberal women, but how dare anybody say even one unkind word about Saint Sarah.

I don't care that you diss her, she's an idiot. but to mock her divorce, ten years after she ran, all while whining about anyone critisizing any democrat like AOC reeks of extreme hypocrisy.