Saudi-funded lobbyist paid for 500 rooms at Trump’s hotel after 2016 election

Jul 2014
CA
Lobbyists representing the Saudi government reserved blocks of rooms at President Trump’s D.C. hotel within a month of Trump’s election in 2016 — paying for an estimated 500 nights at the luxury hotel in just three months, according to organizers of the trips and documents obtained by The Washington Post. At the time, these lobbyists were reserving large numbers of D.C.-area hotel rooms as part of an unorthodox campaign that offered U.S. military veterans a free trip to Washington — then sent them to Capitol Hill to lobby against a law the Saudis opposed, according to veterans and organizers.

At first, Saudi lobbyists put the veterans up in Northern Virginia. Then, in December 2016, they switched most of their business to the Trump International Hotel in downtown Washington. In all, the lobbyists spent more than $270,000 to house six groups of visiting veterans at the Trump hotel, which Trump still owns. Those bookings have fueled a pair of federal lawsuits alleging Trump violated the Constitution by taking improper payments from foreign governments.

Some of the veterans who stayed at Trump’s hotel say they were kept in the dark about the Saudis’ role in the trips. Now, they wonder if they were used twice over: not just to deliver someone else’s message to Congress, but also to deliver business to the Trump Organization. “It made all the sense in the world, when we found out that the Saudis had paid for it,” Henry Garcia, a Navy veteran from San Antonio who went on three trips. He said the organizers never said anything about Saudi Arabia when they invited him.

He believed the trips were organized by other veterans, but that puzzled him, because this group spent money like no veterans group he had ever worked with. There were private hotel rooms, open bars, free dinners. Then, Garcia said, one of the organizers who had been drinking minibar champagne mentioned a Saudi prince.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8604ed88993_story.html?utm_term=.ea1711ce4834

Add more fuel to the fire regarding the lawsuit currently going on against Trump and the Emoluments clause.

I also wonder if this has anything to do, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that this is just another reason Trump didn't not want to blame MSB for a brutal murder of a journalist.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Sounds perfectly legal and cool (not really).

And "500 Nights in a Trump Hotel" sounds like some sort of Arabian horror story.
I agree with you for reasons you probably don't expect.

Ultimately, Prince Salman owes trump his life at least 58 times. So, I'm not so sure it means what you think.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
I agree with you for reasons you probably don't expect.

Ultimately, Prince Salman owes trump his life at least 58 times. So, I'm not so sure it means what you think.

I'm not getting the cryptic "58 times" reference (which you've used before, IIRC), and since you didn't state your reasons, we'll never know.

IMO, it's just one more example of how the guy who the suckers claimed "could never be bought" has peddled his ass more often than a $2 hooker.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
What do you mean by that??? You said it before...
I'm not getting the cryptic "58 times" reference (which you've used before, IIRC), and since you didn't state your reasons, we'll never know.

IMO, it's just one more example of how the guy who the suckers claimed "could never be bought" has peddled his ass more often than a $2 hooker.
That's how many people lost their lives in an operation that saved his life.

I know the house or Saud has a LOT of evil to answer for, but the history books will realize why.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
That's how many people lost their lives in an operation that saved his life.

What operation was that?

I know the house or Saud has a LOT of evil to answer for, but the history books will realize why.
Again with the oblique references. But yeah, the House of Saud are the dirtiest motherfuckers in the Middle East...bar none. But I appreciate juicy historical gossip, so, if you're so inclined...