School suspend unvaccinated high schoolers

Nov 2010
Vaccine: California School Suspends 66 Kids Over Measles Concerns

Measles outbreak that started at California Disney parks grows to 95 cases in U.S., Mexico - The Globe and Mail

Good for them. All these outbreaks thanks to unvaccinated kids. And it threatens even those that are vaccinated, and the immunocompromised, or those too young for vaccines.

As if proof of how great vaccines work wasn't already evident by the eradication of these diseases in the first place, this is just another notch as rises in these diseases are seen, correlating most with areas of high unvaccinated kids

Thanks again internet, for spreading lies and ignorance. thanks the US education for poor science teaching. Reading the comments on some of these makes me weep for humanity. People claiming the have done research and vaccines are bad are so full of shit, medical sources, journals, that's research, not blogs and natural bullshit websites.

Nothing worse than people that are not educated on something thinking they are an expert because they read websites spreading BS and too stupid to realize they are getting fed lies, bias and spin. Nothing worse than thinking they have some sort of special truth that even eludes doctors and scientists, because the internet said so

Oct 2013
Sweden
Since when werent vaccines a requirement for enrollment? I even had to get some shots when I went to college because some of my immunizations were before a certain year so was no longer "acceptable"..that wasnt even public school! When my son was enrolled, I had to have him vaccinated AND provide proof they had been done....strange that its no longer required? When did this change?

Nov 2010
Since when werent vaccines a requirement for enrollment? I even had to get some shots when I went to college because some of my immunizations were before a certain year so was no longer "acceptable"..that wasnt even public school! When my son was enrolled, I had to have him vaccinated AND provide proof they had been done....strange that its no longer required? When did this change?
Since the idiot anti vaccers fought against it. States have varying levels of requirements. California has bended to the anti vaccers. Interesting that the rates of vaccinated kids varies from 98% in MS to 80% in CO.

People should sue Jenny McCarthy for her stupid campaign

Nov 2010
Another family that had to keep theirs me year old home for 28 days because an unvaccinated kid was at the doctors office same time the kid was, costing parent money, time off work, etc, to care for them.

Jun 2014
United States

Religious exemptions have become very popular in recent years.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
California allows parents to opt-out based on religious and other beliefs.

It is not a bad policy because inoculated kids can spread measles to those that have not been vaccinated. This is the best way to protect uninoculated kids from contracting measles at school.

The teen child should be allowed to determine if they would like the vaccination. In the concept of "Personhood" a child mature enough to understand the risks, should be allow to decide their best medical options.

Jun 2014
United States
California allows parents to opt-out based on religious and other beliefs.

It is not a bad policy because inoculated kids can spread measles to those that have not been vaccinated. This is the best way to protect uninoculated kids from contracting measles at school.

The teen child should be allowed to determine if they would like the vaccination. In the concept of "Personhood" a child mature enough to understand the risks, should be allow to decide their best medical options.

At what age, in your opinion, is a child mature enough to make such a medical decision?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Cant say for everybody but for the anti vaccers I know in real life it started about 8-10 years ago. They are typically the well educated Whole Foods shopping crowd who rail against GMOs and think every vaccination is a profit for big pharma. The actual number of religious exemptions is quite small but they now allow for personal exemptions that require nothing but the parent to say so. Its become sad that very poor rural areas have higher vaccination rates than upper middle class suburbs in California. Status or trendy thing maybe?

Oct 2013
Sweden
Well this is a matter of the public health as well.....what of all the kids who are before vaccination age? Are they to be exposed due to the ones who refuse it?

This is an area where there is no room for religious freedom cause it directly impacts others who have no way to defend themselves.

Its like saying you can dump toxic waste on your own property and ignoring that polluting the ground DOES poison others so you cant do that on your own property.

These decisions should be taken based on science only...religion isnt equipped to deal with issues that are only about science. Its a straight forward issue, preventing horrible diseases from proliferating or spreading (and even eradicating when possible), those are not questions for religion to answer, they are answered by scientific process.