Schools in Ok

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I just read that many schools in Oklahoma have been forced to reduce their schedule to only four days a week due to serious lack of funding. I think that is so disgraceful. Education should be a priority.
Oklahoma schools have been terrible for years.

Maybe now something will be done.

Reactions: 1 person

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
I just read that many schools in Oklahoma have been forced to reduce their schedule to only four days a week due to serious lack of funding. I think that is so disgraceful. Education should be a priority.
Yes, but that policy is only the result of teacher unions that have no legal status in Oklahoma.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2014
United States
Whenever the federal government cuts taxes, federal funding to the states for public programs is reduced as a consequence. Many states have increased their own taxes in response, in order to maintain their standard of service in such programs as public schools and infrastructure maintenance. Oklahoma is not one of those states.

Reactions: 4 people
Nov 2009
Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
Teacher unions and all the other public sector unions have but one goal. That goal is to turn taxpayer's money and turn it into Campaign funds for Democrats. So it Republican-controlled legislatures don't give teachers a pay raise and are niggardly with state funds for schools, it just is logical. My solution is to mandate that no/any union of public sector employees cannot by law collective bargain with the various governments for wages, benefits, and retiremenet benefits.

May 2016
california
I'm not convinced students in other parts of the country on five day course are all that much better off then OK students on a four day course.

Reactions: ripskater
Jan 2016
Colorado
Why?!? We can always just outsource all of that high-falutin' algebra stuff to the Chinese! They actually seem to LIKE the stuff! Let our kids focus on FOOTBALL, and other wholesome American pastimes, like sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll!

Reactions: 4 people

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Teacher unions and all the other public sector unions have but one goal. That goal is to turn taxpayer's money and turn it into Campaign funds for Democrats. So it Republican-controlled legislatures don't give teachers a pay raise and are niggardly with state funds for schools, it just is logical. My solution is to mandate that no/any union of public sector employees cannot by law collective bargain with the various governments for wages, benefits, and retiremenet benefits.
None of that makes any sense.

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
I'm not convinced students in other parts of the country on five day course are all that much better off then OK students on a four day course.
Link to what you're basing your opinion on?

Reactions: Friday13