Schools in Ok

Apr 2014
Maryland
Teacher unions and all the other public sector unions have but one goal. That goal is to turn taxpayer's money and turn it into Campaign funds for Democrats. So it Republican-controlled legislatures don't give teachers a pay raise and are niggardly with state funds for schools, it just is logical. My solution is to mandate that no/any union of public sector employees cannot by law collective bargain with the various governments for wages, benefits, and retiremenet benefits.
This is the reason I end my speeches telling teachers not to argue with those who say ridiculous things like this because they’re usually don’t understand the system

Reactions: 2 people

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Teacher unions and all the other public sector unions have but one goal. That goal is to turn taxpayer's money and turn it into Campaign funds for Democrats. So it Republican-controlled legislatures don't give teachers a pay raise and are niggardly with state funds for schools, it just is logical. My solution is to mandate that no/any union of public sector employees cannot by law collective bargain with the various governments for wages, benefits, and retiremenet benefits.
Untrue

Sep 2016
My own world
I see that the GOP and Trump have one goal. Piss off the teachers and then give them guns, LOL.

Reactions: 3 people
Jan 2016
Colorado
I see that the GOP and Trump have one goal. Piss off the teachers and then give them guns, LOL.
Someone Tweeted: "Haven't heard a peep about arming teachers since they started showing up en masse and surrounding capitol buildings."

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
There are many states where that's true. I believe all the states where we've seen teacher labor unrest are among them.

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2010
Indiana
You obviously know nothing about what's really going on.

Reactions: 2 people
Jan 2016
Colorado
This is the reason I end my speeches telling teachers not to argue with those who say ridiculous things like this because they’re usually don’t understand the system
My Daddy told me not to argue with morons because it was like mud-wrestling with pigs. It didn't do you any good, all it did was get you dirty, and the pigs actually enjoy it.

I shoulda listened to my Daddy.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Im in a public service union, and I would agree 100 percent that my dues are misused to fund shitty left wing political parties that no one I actually work with supports.

But the province still manages to fund serviceable schools.

I'd rather regulate campaign finance laws to fix the problem. Not sacrifice a generation of citizens.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
So, they place partisan politics over the welfare of children.
Stay classy Olahoma GOP.
What a stupid comment on your part.