Schumer warns Trump: Don't interfere in Mueller probe

Nov 2014
North Carolina
If Trump sacks Mueller, or starts issuing pardons, he's affirming the guilt of those being investigated.
I disagree.

Mueller is too close to all of this and should be dismissed. He won't be though... because as is usually the case politics will stand in the way of doing what is fair and right. So for those who want to see Mueller stay on the job don't worry, you'll likely get your wish.

Jun 2014
United States
I disagree.

Mueller is too close to all of this and should be dismissed. He won't be though... because as is usually the case politics will stand in the way of doing what is fair and right. So for those who want to see Mueller stay on the job don't worry, you'll likely get your wish.
Your personal disdain for Robert Mueller is noted, as is it's irrelevance to the issue at hand.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Your personal disdain for Robert Mueller is noted, as is it's irrelevance to the issue at hand.
The only irrelevance here is your response... as my post said nothing about my personal disdain for Robert Mueller. But it's cute watching you note things that I never even said and then having you tell me how irrelevant it is.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Originally Posted by DemoWhip
Trump can't fire Mueller it was brought out by a savvy, very experienced attorney that appeared on nationwide network news recently who was speaking to just that. He said that only Rob Rosenstein, the Deputy Attorney General of the Justice Department, could fire him. Trump does not have the authority to do it on his own."
Mostly correct (more correct than I was, anyway)...

Q: Can President Donald Trump fire special counsel Robert Mueller?

A: Not directly. Only the deputy attorney general who appointed Mueller can fire him and only for cause. But Trump could fire the DAG, or order the special-counsel regulations repealed and fire Mueller himself.

Can Trump Fire Mueller? - FactCheck.org
And then he'd really be in for it if he did that. There would have to be a further investigation into why he did that and what he may have been afraid would be found out.

Last edited:
Jun 2014
United States

And then he'd really be in for it if he did that. There would have to be a further investigation into why he did that and what he may have been afraid would be found out.
Whom do you think would investigate? Congress may investigate pretty much anything that they want, but they have no power to prosecute. That is an executive branch function.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Trump can't fire Mueller it was brought out by a savvy, very experienced attorney that appeared on nationwide network news recently who was speaking to just that. He said that only Rob Rosenstein, the Deputy Attorney General of the Justice Department, could fire him. Trump does not have the authority to do it on his own.
Whom do you think would investigate? Congress may investigate pretty much anything that they want, but they have no power to prosecute. That is an executive branch function.
Prosecutorial power rests with the Judicial Branch. If not, then we sure need to ensure that no corruption takes place simply because there are people in high office.

Last edited:
Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Trump can't fire Mueller it was brought out by a savvy, very experienced attorney that appeared on nationwide network news recently who was speaking to just that. He said that only Rob Rosenstein, the Deputy Attorney General of the Justice Department, could fire him. Trump does not have the authority to do it on his own.

Trump can fire Rosenstein and get someone else to fire Mueller, there is much cause to fire him, which that loser Schumer knows. Which is what Trump should do, and issue blanket pardons for any Russian "collusion". This fake, phony, Russian collusion investigation is just an attempt at a coup, at reversing the 2016 election.

BTW, what is Schumer gonna do if President Trump fires Mueller?

Sep 2016
My own world
Trump can fire Rosenstein and get someone else to fire Mueller, there is much cause to fire him, which that loser Schumer knows. Which is what Trump should do, and issue blanket pardons for any Russian "collusion". This fake, phony, Russian collusion investigation is just an attempt at a coup, at reversing the 2016 election.

BTW, what is Schumer gonna do if President Trump fires Mueller?
You support a traitor, I believe that says a lot about you and none of its good.

Trump is a traitor
Manafort is a traitor
Gates is a traitor
Papadopolis is a traitor
Flynn is a traitor

That's just the beginning and all because people like yourself are insecure. You let this con man intent on selling America to the highest bidder betray everything people fought for and died for. Freedom of the press, freedom of speech, freedom from persecution because of your religion. Trump threatens all that but you bunch of morons just don't see it. Trump calls the American system, which is based on the rule of law, a joke. I suppose he LOVES THE RUSSIAN SYSTEM. FUCK TRUMP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person