Scientology : Church? Or Mind Bending Cult

Mar 2019
California
Is Scientology a Cult? Out of Curiosity ,I attended a few meetings years ago. It cost $50 just for an "Introduction" interview. I was shown what is called an "E-Meter" that is supposed to detect some kind of Spiritual Waves' from the universe. It looked like a cheap electric motor made by a third grader. (This was in 1971 ,mind you). I saw some people just sitting there while being "Audited". Actually ,they sat silent while the Auditor verbally abused them. This was described as a "Communication exercise". I was invited to take a course. Would have cost $350. I left. I have seen many articles about this "Church" since this experience. So, does anyone have any opinions on this?

Apr 2010
Oregon
Definitely a cult.

Have you checked out “Going Clear”? It’s an HBO documentary they did on Scientology a few years ago. Give it a watch if you haven’t. It’s very......enlightening.

Those people are legit insane and have somehow conned their way into tax exempt status. And Michele Miscavige is totally dead

Mar 2019
California
Definitely a cult.

Have you checked out “Going Clear”? It’s an HBO documentary they did on Scientology a few years ago. Give it a watch if you haven’t. It’s very......enlightening.

Those people are legit insane and have somehow conned their way into tax exempt status. And Michele Miscavige is totally dead
Seems to be a cult based on Space aliens. L.Ron Hubbard was an unsuccessful Sci-Fi writer. His book ,Dianetics ,was full of Quack nostrums for better "Mental Health".And this auditing is a form of brainwashing. Very EXPENSIVE brainwashing.

Mar 2019
sinromcall09
Is Scientology a Cult? Out of Curiosity ,I attended a few meetings years ago. It cost $50 just for an "Introduction" interview. I was shown what is called an "E-Meter" that is supposed to detect some kind of Spiritual Waves' from the universe. It looked like a cheap electric motor made by a third grader. (This was in 1971 ,mind you). I saw some people just sitting there while being "Audited". Actually ,they sat silent while the Auditor verbally abused them. This was described as a "Communication exercise". I was invited to take a course. Would have cost $350. I left. I have seen many articles about this "Church" since this experience. So, does anyone have any opinions on this?
Almost the worst of all cults rolled into one.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Definitely a cult.

And the things they do people when they leave. Just horrible.

The Leah Remini series is also a good watch.