Screw tradition--Trump plans to stay at HIS hotel not Blair House (see WHY)

Jul 2015
Florida
When I saw THIS title, I didn't think much about it. NO big deal, right? Until I read the 3rd paragraph. I doubt very (very) seriously you can bring your DONORS into a tax paid-for property used by diplomats, VIPS, POETUS', past presidents etc. So Trump wants to have a big ol party the night before the inauguration with his family, friends and donor base. Fine by me, he'll save taxpayers some money. Unless of course, this will be a helluva lot more difficult for the Secret Service to manage.

(And let US not forget, if he has a big party there, his GUESTS will likely want to stay overnight at his hotel--more revenue for the DONALD. Cha-ching$)

Trump may stay at his DC hotel instead of Blair House before inauguration: report

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BY PAULINA FIROZI - 12/16/16 10:14 PM EST[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

© Getty

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Donald Trump may buck another tradition by spending his last nights as president-elect in his new hotel instead of at Blair House, the private guesthouse across from the White House, according to a new report.

People familiar with the planning told the New York Times that although his plans are not final, Trump is considering staying at his own Pennsylvania Avenue address at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., just blocks from the White House. President-elects have stayed at Blair House prior to Inauguration Day for 40 years — Jimmy Carter began the tradition in December 1976.

If Trump stays at his own hotel, he would be joined by his family, some advisers and some of his top donors, according to the New York Times report. Once sworn in, Trump has already planned to split his time between the White House and Trump Hotel in New York. Melania Trump and their son Barron, 10, will also remain at Trump Tower after the inauguration and until the end of the school year.
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/310855-trump-may-stay-at-his-dc-hotel-instead-of-blair-house-during[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Jan 2012
Vacaville, CA
Maybe his hotel is more secure than the Blair House, which, after all, is where Puerto Rican nationalists tried to assassinate President Truman.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
He can stay wherever he wants.

There is nothing saying he can't.
Maybe his hotel is more secure than the Blair House, which, after all, is where Puerto Rican nationalists tried to assassinate President Truman.
ok, fine.

Maybe this isn't something that you have a problem with. Or the last 10 to twenty things Trump has done. But, at some point, is it too much to ask that the man be held to at least the minimum standards we hold our presidents to? You decide. At what point is enough enough? Or is it your contention that he should be able to do what ever the hell he wants?

May 2012
By the wall
ok, fine.

Maybe this isn't something that you have a problem with. Or the last 10 to twenty things Trump has done. But, at some point, is it too much to ask that the man be held to at least the minimum standards we hold our presidents to? You decide. At what point is enough enough? Or is it your contention that he should be able to do what ever the hell he wants?
What are you even talking about?

What standards and who wrote these standards?

Jun 2013
Here
When I saw THIS title, I didn't think much about it. NO big deal, right? Until I read the 3rd paragraph. I doubt very (very) seriously you can bring your DONORS into a tax paid-for property used by diplomats, VIPS, POETUS', past presidents etc. So Trump wants to have a big ol party the night before the inauguration with his family, friends and donor base. Fine by me, he'll save taxpayers some money. Unless of course, this will be a helluva lot more difficult for the Secret Service to manage.

(And let US not forget, if he has a big party there, his GUESTS will likely want to stay overnight at his hotel--more revenue for the DONALD. Cha-ching!)

Trump may stay at his DC hotel instead of Blair House before inauguration: report

[FONT=&][FONT=&]BY PAULINA FIROZI - 12/16/16 10:14 PM EST[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]

© Getty

[FONT=&][FONT=&]Donald Trump may buck another tradition by spending his last nights as president-elect in his new hotel instead of at Blair House, the private guesthouse across from the White House, according to a new report.

People familiar with the planning told the New York Times that although his plans are not final, Trump is considering staying at his own Pennsylvania Avenue address at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., just blocks from the White House. President-elects have stayed at Blair House prior to Inauguration Day for 40 years — Jimmy Carter began the tradition in December 1976.

If Trump stays at his own hotel, he would be joined by his family, some advisers and some of his top donors, according to the New York Times report. Once sworn in, Trump has already planned to split his time between the White House and Trump Hotel in New York. Melania Trump and their son Barron, 10, will also remain at Trump Tower after the inauguration and until the end of the school year.
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/310855-trump-may-stay-at-his-dc-hotel-instead-of-blair-house-during[FONT=&][FONT=&]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]
Ja, Trump gets it......His supporters that think he's going to improve life for anyone, but Donald Trump, his family (the one's he does not cheat on (adultery)) and all his elite clients, don't, but Trump knows them well. He could screw their wives, cheat them and steal them blind and they'd still be telling us to "lock her (Hillary) up" and defending the man that just screwed them over.

Take A Tour Of Donald Trump's Luxurious Private Homes

Trump sells himself as no one's puppet because he does not take other people's money. Not for campaign contributions, no, but how does anyone think he "self -funds" and while he is not beholden to anyone else, what about using his money to buy himself the Oval Office thinking the only person he has to listen to, is his overactive ego?

Apparently Melania, his THIRD wife....may not have noticed she is his third wife or why.....When she, like Trump supporters.....claim he's not the Donald she knows.....
Did she miss his first two marriages and his cheating or does she just put it out of her mind, deny it or delude herself that she could just as easily be his third EX and why?

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37595321

Last edited:
May 2012
By the wall
it's right there.

I've asked you to decide this.

What the fuck would Trump ever have to do before you'd object to his behavior?
I don't support a president for their behavior, I support them for the job they get done. They can behave any way they like as long as they perform their function well.

May 2012
By the wall
Seems he can bill the US Taxpayer at 100 times the going rates. SWEET!
When Obama traveled and stayed in a hotel they didn't just rent a room, they rented out the entire floor and I had no problem with it.

No expense should be spared for the safety of the president either republican or democrat.