Seattle is dying

Jan 2014
California
If anyone has time watch this video. It is quite long so do it in segments. Such an eye-opener to once a beautiful city!
Mr. Jenniel,

There was a story in the San Francisco Chronicle this past weekend, talking about the situation along Market Street. It talked about how the City of San Francisco revitalized the mid-Market area, but has done nothing to remove the drugs, crime, bums, and homeless. Small businesses have to now spend 200K to 300K a year for security. Lighthouse for the blind opened an outreach there, right at the train station because ease of access for the visually impaired, but now they have to negotiate lines of bums, junkies, and people selling drugs. The police regularly arrest the same people for selling drugs, but the backlog is 6 to 9 months for arrangement, they are just released and are out selling drugs the next day.

Jan 2019
southeast
Mr. Jenniel,

There was a story in the San Francisco Chronicle this past weekend, talking about the situation along Market Street. It talked about how the City of San Francisco revitalized the mid-Market area, but has done nothing to remove the drugs, crime, bums, and homeless. Small businesses have to now spend 200K to 300K a year for security. Lighthouse for the blind opened an outreach there, right at the train station because ease of access for the visually impaired, but now they have to negotiate lines of bums, junkies, and people selling drugs. The police regularly arrest the same people for selling drugs, but the backlog is 6 to 9 months for arrangement, they are just released and are out selling drugs the next day.
Yes, I would guess SF's problems are similar to Seattle. I use to live in Seattle several years ago and it sure has changed. Really sad to see this happen to such a beautiful city. I just cannot imagine the frustration of the police officers. Arrests and not held and back out there as repeat offenders. It is a vicious cycle for them. Appears the program they have in RI is working. Time will tell.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Hats off to the people fighting to stand up to the liberals that don't let the cops enforce anything or have any authority. To clean up the crime and drugs.

But it's probably a lost cause. It's a lot easier to just move out of cities like this.

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
Homelessness, helplessness, drug addiction - it's a common story in big cities and small towns across America. We look for simple solutions to complex problems, and find them wanting.

I live in a small town, and have for a long time. It used to be peaceful here, little crime people felt safe. Now, gangs regularly shoot each other. Meth addicts are seen on the streets. Homeless camp among the oleanders and along the railroad tracks.

Where is there no homeless, no drug addicts, no blight, no gangs? I'd like to find such a place. I don't see it in either the big metropolitan areas nor in small town America. Maybery is extinct.

If we want to make America great again, we have to be able to work together to solve these problems. There are no simple solutions that work, no easy answers.

and ignoring the problem won't make it go away.

Mar 2019
Seattle needs to build a huge prison. When these criminals break the law, lock them up. Then model your prison after this prison. They preach the Gospel, they work, and there is structure. That's the only way you can possibly get rehabilitation. I know this solution will not be popular with the liberal hippies in Seattle. But this is your only hope to clean up your city and to have any chance at rehabilitating your criminals.

Feb 2015
sadness
Homelessness, helplessness, drug addiction - it's a common story in big cities and small towns across America. We look for simple solutions to complex problems, and find them wanting.

I live in a small town, and have for a long time. It used to be peaceful here, little crime people felt safe. Now, gangs regularly shoot each other. Meth addicts are seen on the streets. Homeless camp among the oleanders and along the railroad tracks.

Where is there no homeless, no drug addicts, no blight, no gangs? I'd like to find such a place. I don't see it in either the big metropolitan areas nor in small town America. Maybery is extinct.

If we want to make America great again, we have to be able to work together to solve these problems. There are no simple solutions that work, no easy answers.

and ignoring the problem won't make it go away.
who knows.... they may eat the oleanders

Apr 2018
oregon
If anyone has time watch this video. It is quite long so do it in segments. Such an eye-opener to once a beautiful city!
I've seen it. Liberalism is destroying another beautiful city. I was there a while back. Bums everywhere and a few locals told me what a disaster their public bike program is. They give free passes to the indigent and huge piles of bikes constantly need to be retrieved and repaired from homeless camps.

Mar 2019
I've seen it. Liberalism is destroying another beautiful city. I was there a while back. Bums everywhere and a few locals told me what a disaster their public bike program is. They give free passes to the indigent and huge piles of bikes constantly need to be retrieved and repaired from homeless camps.
If you just give people bikes, they're gonna tear them up and trash them. If they work and buy their own bike, they'll probably take care of it.

Handouts are not a long term solution. It just perpetuates what you see in every big city

Jan 2019
southeast
My friend who is a retired police office in Southern Ca. says that is what happens when you have liberals ruining a city.