SEC Network Hires Tim Tebow for Pregame Show SEC Nation, Additional ESPN Duties

Apr 2012
How long will it take for ESPN take to attack this Christian. I think it is ridiculous for ESPN to hire a guy they have showed disdain for. Good luck Tim and beware of the back stabbers there.

SEC Network Hires Tim Tebow for Pregame Show SEC Nation, Additional ESPN Duties « ESPN MediaZone

Former Florida quarterback and Heisman winner, Tim Tebow, has been hired as a college football analyst for the SEC Network launching in August 2014. Through a multi-year agreement, Tebow’s primary role will be as an analyst for SEC Nation, the network’s traveling pregame show that will originate from a different SEC campus each week beginning August 28, 2014. In the months leading up to launch and after, he will contribute to a variety of ESPN platforms including SportsCenter, ESPN Radio, and the network’s Heisman Trophy coverage, offering in-depth perspective as a legendary Southeastern Conference player.

On Monday, Jan. 6, Tebow will make his first appearance as an ESPN analyst during pregame coverage of the 2013 VIZIO BCS National Championship. He will contribute to the 9 a.m. ET edition of SportsCenter, College Football Live (3 p.m.) and College GameDay Built by The Home Depot (7 p.m.). He will also be part of studio coverage for the new College Football Playoff (semifinals and championship game), which begins next season.

Tebow is the first college football analyst hired for the SEC Network. He joins a commentating roster that includes Joe Tessitore, host of SEC Nation, and Paul Finebaum, host of The Paul Finebaum radio show.

“Tim is a SEC icon with a national fan base and broad appeal. He will be a significant contributor to the compelling content we will deliver with the SEC Network,” said Justin Connolly, ESPN senior vice president, programming, college networks. “Tim brings a wealth of knowledge about the game, the conference and the passion among SEC fans.”

Nov 2008
Washington state
I heard Tim was possibly going to be a commentator. To bad he's a great quarterback. Teams just don't want the media attention of his Christianity distracting the game I suppose. Hope he does well.

Dec 2010
Virginia
Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Apr 2012
I heard Tim was possibly going to be a commentator. To bad he's a great quarterback. Teams just don't want the media attention of his Christianity distracting the game I suppose. Hope he does well.
After what happened with Rush he will have to follow strict rules or he will be gone

Feb 2011
The greatest place on Earth California
After what happened with Rush he will have to follow strict rules or he will be gone
Mr. tim is not a hater as is Bush Blimpo. As for his christianity on the field it is nothing new in football. Remember the group praying over Daryl Stingley?

Apr 2012

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Gotta love it.

Up in arms about the anticipated persecution Tim Tebow may receive by the people who just gave him a job. Awesome. Yes, clearly they hired him just so they could have the opportunity to fire him unjustly.