Second Amendment remedy at school board meeting?

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Rambling gunman dead after opening fire at Florida school meeting - CNN.com

From Facebook:

A biography on Duke's Facebook page reads: "My Testament: Some people (the government sponsored media) will say I was evil, a monster (V)... no... I was just born poor in a country where the Wealthy manipulate, use, abuse, and economically enslave 95% of the population. Rich Republicans, Rich Democrats... same-same... rich... they take turns fleecing us... our few dollars... pyramiding the wealth for themselves. The 95%... the us, in US of A, are the neo slaves of the Global South. Our Masters, the Wealthy, do, as they like to us..."
Freedom fighter or nutjob who shouldn't have been sold a gun?

What's most disturbing is this Facebook screed reads like some Internet forum posts I've seen.

S

Scottie

Apparently he had a criminal record which suggests he shouldn't have been sold a gun. So if he was sold one, someone failed to do their job. But it's apparent he was determined to do this and nothing was gonna stop him from trying. It's sad he chose to handle things this way. But there are people all over the world like this. We can't stop them all.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Apparently he had a criminal record which suggests he shouldn't have been sold a gun. So if he was sold one, someone failed to do their job. But it's apparent he was determined to do this and nothing was gonna stop him from trying. It's sad he chose to handle things this way. But there are people all over the world like this. We can't stop them all.
That's a good point. Is that a universal prohibition? I mean, do all states prohibit gun purchases by people with criminal records?

Sep 2009
Pissed off Patriot? But Davo is right, there are a ton of posts on these forums just like his.

S

Scottie

That's a good point. Is that a universal prohibition? I mean, do all states prohibit gun purchases by people with criminal records?
I think it varies from state to state. From the article:According to the website of the Florida Department of Corrections, Duke was sentenced in 2000 for aggravated stalking, obstructing justice and throwing or shooting into a vehicle.

That would constitute a gun related charge which would mean he shouldn't have been sold a gun. Of coarse we don't know how he obtained the gun. I don't think it would have mattered. he would have probably still gotten a gun. And even if he could obtain a gun i don't believe it would change my opinion. We should be allowed to have guns. There will always be crazy people doing crazy things no matter what the law says.