Secret Service 'tell all' about the Clintons--BOGUS, according to VET SS agents...

Jul 2015
Florida
When the first excerpts were released from this book, I remember, ON THIS BOARD, pointing out that some of the 'logistics' didn't seem right. His position with access to Bill, Monica and/or Hillary was suspect. I was right according to these guys.

(As for HILLARY throwing a lamp or something at him? Who ever did or didn't see it, Bill's lucky that's ALL she threw. He's lucky he wasn't 'Bobbit'ed).

Secret Service veterans denounce anti-Clinton tell-all book

Former agents blast writer Gary Byrne for having 'underlying motives.'
By EDWARD-ISAAC DOVERE 06/21/16 05:22 AM EDT

The author of a new tell-all book about Hillary Clinton could never have seen any of what he claims — he was too low-ranking — say several high-level members of Secret Service presidential details, including the president of the Association of Former Agents of the United States Secret Service.

On Tuesday, AFAUSSS, which is strictly nonpartisan, is set to release a statement blasting Gary Byrne author of “Crisis in Character,” saying members “strongly denounce” the book, which they add has made security harder by eroding the trust between agents and the people they protect.

“There is no place for any self-moralizing narratives, particularly those with an underlying motive,” reads the statement from the group’s board of directors, which says Byrne has politics and profit on his mind.

AFAUSSS rarely issues public statements of any kind.

The book has rankled current and former members of the Secret Service, who don’t like anyone airing their business in public — but who also take issue with Byrne inflating his role. Byrne was a uniformed officer in Bill Clinton’s White House. But that’s the lowest level of protection within the White House and around the president.

People familiar with West Wing security laugh at the idea that Byrne or any uniformed officer ever would have walked in on Bill Clinton anywhere, whether in a meeting or, as a New York Post article over the weekend claims, in the middle of a make-out session...

Secret Service veterans denounce anti-Clinton tell-all book - POLITICO

Last edited:

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Such novelizations typically have a few slight snippets of opinionated truth, reinforced with a lot of opinionated hearsay.....ALL written with a PROFIT MOTIVE in mind.

But, this is nothing new.

Certainly not for the Clinton's, but, pretty much for anyone in the public light. (we can write things and lie about them. It is perfectly "legal!")

Jul 2015
Florida
Such novelizations typically have a few slight snippets of opinionated truth, reinforced with a lot of opinionated hearsay.....ALL written with a PROFIT MOTIVE in mind.

Certainly not for the Clinton's, but, pretty much for anyone in the public light. (we can write things and lie about them. It is perfectly "legal!")
Except 25 years ago, this bullshit would never have seen the light of day. But here we are. But since the Clinton's killed 20 or 30 people and Hillary is accused of being a philanderer with the man she later had killed--while simultaneously getting multiple abortions all while she was a LESBIAN, I'm putting up counter shit each time I see it.

Last edited:
Nov 2013
None of your business

Novelizations = truthiness......

Nov 2013
None of your business
When the first excerpts were released from this book, I remember, ON THIS BOARD, pointing out that some of the 'logistics' didn't seem right. His position with access to Bill, Monica and/or Hillary was suspect. I was right according to these guys.

(As for HILLARY throwing a lamp or something at him? Who ever did or didn't see it, Bill's lucky that's ALL she threw. He's lucky he wasn't 'Bobbit'ed).

Secret Service veterans denounce anti-Clinton tell-all book

Former agents blast writer Gary Byrne for having 'underlying motives.'
By EDWARD-ISAAC DOVERE 06/21/16 05:22 AM EDT

The author of a new tell-all book about Hillary Clinton could never have seen any of what he claims — he was too low-ranking — say several high-level members of Secret Service presidential details, including the president of the Association of Former Agents of the United States Secret Service.

On Tuesday, AFAUSSS, which is strictly nonpartisan, is set to release a statement blasting Gary Byrne author of “Crisis in Character,” saying members “strongly denounce” the book, which they add has made security harder by eroding the trust between agents and the people they protect.

“There is no place for any self-moralizing narratives, particularly those with an underlying motive,” reads the statement from the group’s board of directors, which says Byrne has politics and profit on his mind.

AFAUSSS rarely issues public statements of any kind.

The book has rankled current and former members of the Secret Service, who don’t like anyone airing their business in public — but who also take issue with Byrne inflating his role. Byrne was a uniformed officer in Bill Clinton’s White House. But that’s the lowest level of protection within the White House and around the president.

People familiar with West Wing security laugh at the idea that Byrne or any uniformed officer ever would have walked in on Bill Clinton anywhere, whether in a meeting or, as a New York Post article over the weekend claims, in the middle of a make-out session...

Secret Service veterans denounce anti-Clinton tell-all book - POLITICO
SS says this guy was low level and would never have had that kind of access.

Yeah, this makes the SS look bad, doesn't it?

Wonder who Poppy was stuppin in the white house when Bar was gone? "Inquiring minds want to know"

:)

Regards
Pace

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Except 25 years ago, this bullshit would never have seen the light of day. But here we are. But since the Clinton's killed 20 or 30 people and Hillary is accused of being a philanderer to the man she had later killed while simultaneously BEING ACCUSED of an abortion having LESBIAN, I'm putting up counter shit each time I see it.
Well, true, that they were not as common (or, likely, as rife with fictional additions). But, they did exist.

But, back in the day, I think publishers were more apt to take their time with spitting such books out.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know how these books actually make all that much money.

An AUTO-Biography, or an OFFICIAL biography, are often worth reading.

But, "stories" about ones "time with _____________________," are often rife with exaggeration, controversy, and, outright lies.....

Do you think this guy would sell many books if the jest of his novel was "Hillary can be a bit of a bear at times, but, she has her good points, too...????"

Nobody is going to read that. (UNLESS, it is an "official" biography......)

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Novelizations = truthiness......
Not typically.

I use the word to indicate: Fictional tales, possibly centered in some truth.

I mean, SOME of the things in this book will be factual. Most will be opinion, however. And, much of it, downright "Fiction."

Ergo, I classify this sort of read as a "novelization."

Almost Historical Fiction, dressed up as a "tell-all" book.........

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
I guess we can expect a libel suit to be filed post haste. or is it toot sweet?
Hard for a "Public Figure" to win a Libel case.

Seems to me, as if the Clinton's are just going to ignore it.

If I had every "tell all book" about the Clintons, I could fill a bookcase.

If I had every "tell all book" written in the past two decades, I would need a Library to store them in.