Self described Evangelical Christians voted for Trump because of his policies, stances and ideas. Not because they support his past immorality

Mar 2019
Down a back road turn south on a gravel drive
I see it said often or alluded to on this forum. There is this idea that Christians support Trump's sins. We don't support sins, we just voted for the guy that campaigned on appointing judges who respect religious freedom and is pro-life on the abortion issue.

Discuss

Last edited:

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Nice try, but they are all wrapped in together.

BTW, I thought religious people were all about helping (not hurting) immigrants.
I thought they rejected racism
I thought they are rejected calling other people horrible names.

Seems to me a lot of "religious" people have sold their souls because of abortion.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
I see it said often or alluded to on this forum. There is this idea that Christians support Trump's sins. We don't support sins, we just voted for the guy that campaigned on appointing judges who respect religious freedom and if pro-life on the abortion issue.

Discuss
So you made the proverbial deal with the devil and how you got a deal of your soul.
oh, btw that groupthink use of "we" highlights an attempt to hide in a herd rather than taking person responsibility for your soul.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I see it said often or alluded to on this forum. There is this idea that Christians support Trump's sins. We don't support sins, we just voted for the guy that campaigned on appointing judges who respect religious freedom and if pro-life on the abortion issue.

Discuss
:D:D:D:D:cool:

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Huh? You mean to tell me that taking people to court to try to force them to violate their religious beliefs leads to those people voting for the other guy? How about that?
Keep telling people to "Bake that cake!". That's sure to win them over.

Jun 2013
Here

Discuss

You're joking, right?

Are you familiar with Faust?

"A Pact with the Devil (a deal with the Devil or a Faustian bargain), is an agreement with Evil, in the form of the Devil, often (as in the story of Faust) with the paradoxical intention of achieving a higher Good that is otherwise obstructed. The nature of an agreement is a risky accommodation, so at the crux of objections to such a thing are questions–what has the person making the agreement traded to the Devil; can the person avoid being trapped or corrupted; does the agreement strengthen the Devil; is the greater Good compromised, and still unachievable?"

"A pact with the Devil is a dangerous thing, for the only thing the Devil is said to want is the person’s soul, and that he will do anything to get it: he will lie, trick and cheat. It is a very rare person who once having dealt with the Devil, can avoid becomming corrupted and evil himself, ruining the “Good” he set out once to do."

"A pact with the Devil is an essential ingredient in the legend of Faust. There is no greater gamble or risk than one’s soul. Faust arrogantly assumes he can control the Devil, but as the Church concluded long ago, humans are inclined to sin and few can resist being corrupted by the Devil or by the powers he grants, and the Devil invariably succeeds. This is the original Faust legend as a morality tale. This arc to destruction is often raised in discussions about technology, and reflects a social anxiety about technology as we power our way from Eden to Utopia."

"Even if one is successful, God is always watching the outcome of such bargains, and for the careless Christian, the outcome may be eternal damnation."

Pact with the Devil

Jun 2013
Here
Democrats: We support abortion even after birth.

Also Democrats: Hey, where did all those Evangelicals go?
You lie....

I would like to see all the Democrats on this board that "support abortion even after birth". While there might be some people of any group or party that might "support abortion even after birth" it would be dishonest to claim the who group believes in such a thing.

Why would "birth" make a difference to those who are "pro-life"? Are you suggesting birth actually signals something, like the beginning of one's existence?

born
/bôrn/

1. 1.
    past participle of bear1 (sense 4).
adjective

1. 1.
    existing as a result of birth.
    "he was born in Seattle"
born definition - Google Search

What does "unborn" mean?

Would you care to talk about billionaires, greed, gluttony and starving children "even after birth"???

Last edited: