Sen. Bernie Sanders 'considering' another presidential bid in 2020

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Bernie Sanders running for President again? Is this the hope of the Democrat party? If he's your man, then you can count on four more years of President Trump.

Sen. Bernie Sanders 'considering' another presidential bid in 2020

"Voters in Vermont certainly will coming up in November," said Weaver, whose book How Bernie Won was released this month. "Nationally, he is considering another run for the presidency. When the time comes I think we’ll have an answer to that. But right now he’s still considering it."

Weaver later told USA TODAY, "What motivates him is the desire to have a new president in the White House and a heavy consideration is, who is the best person to beat Trump in 2020.'"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-considering-another-bid-president/650887002/

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Living in New England, the press seems to think he will be running again. He is pretty much returning to the same venues and going over the same paths he did prior to 2016. Some even have their 2020 bumper stickers on. I just dont know if he will be considered too old? I guess it depends if Trump remains. Then age wont matter. But I do think nationally dems might want a younger candidate. Also its possible Bernie may decide not to run but stake out someone like Tulsi Gabbard to run in his place, that supports him and might draw the same fans he does. Time will tell.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Democrats need new blood. I doubt very much if the Democratic Party will embrace him again.

Did Jane’s trial ever start?
Both parties need young blood. New faces. Dems seem to really like young people for president and are very successful. Hasnt been a dem president elected over the age of 55 since Truman. Kind of a big deal. Have to say, although I dont know a lot of his details, I have seen Chris Murphy the senator from CT on the news a lot and he appears to have the look and lingo to run. Young, energetic and personable.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I do think nationally dems might want a younger candidate.
Nationally, the Democrats need younger candidates - ones with new ideas. We have not seen much of that lately from either side ... just the same old ideological nonsense. What happened to old-fashioned problem-solving?

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Both parties need young blood. New faces. Dems seem to really like young people for president and are very successful. Hasnt been a dem president elected over the age of 55 since Truman. Kind of a big deal. Have to say, although I dont know a lot of his details, I have seen Chris Murphy the senator from CT on the news a lot and he appears to have the look and lingo to run. Young, energetic and personable.
I like Chris, Adam Schiff, Swallwell, Joe Kennedy.Booker, Sherrod Brown,( He is 60.)Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren. So many,it is hard to choose.