Sen. Thinks Trump Made Law Criminalizing Illegal Immigration

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
[video=youtube;7Zt9h3DfaLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zt9h3DfaLc[/video]

HIRONO: Mr. Albence, would you send your children to FRCs?

ALBENCE: Again, I think we’re missing the point. These individuals are there because they have broken a law. There has to be a process —

HIRONO: They have broken a law but only as deemed so by the president with his —

ALBENCE: No ma’am. They are there for violation of Title 8 of the U.S. Nationality Act — Okay? — U.S.C. 1325. That’s illegal entry is both a criminal and civil violation. They are in those FRCs pending the outcome of that civil immigration process. They have broken the law.

HIRONO: Well, these are mainly — my understanding is that under zero-tolerance, these are no longer civil proceedings, but in fact were criminal proceedings.

ALBENCE: They were criminal proceedings when the Border Patrol prosecuted them. But at the conclusion of that process, once the individual came into ICE custody, they would go through administrative proceedings.

HIRONO: I’m confused.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...p-made-law-criminalizing-illegal-immigration/

Wow ......

I don't pretend to know much about local Hawaii politics but, looks like they got their own Sheila Jackson-Lee D, (TX).

How could someone run for office and be that damn clueless?

Most 5th graders have a better understanding of immigration laws in this Country.

How does that happen?

She needs to stop watching CNN.

Only the Democrat Party.

Last edited:
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Bullshit, many of those kids were ripped from parents trying to claim asylum( not illegal), and you are a liar if you deny it.

So some kids were ripped from parents trying to cross illegally and others were ripped from families seeking legal asylum, you are deceitfully trying to paint them as all being illegals trying to sneak across the border to promote your agenda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/us/immigrant-children-separation-ice.html

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/18/separated-immigrant-children-families-border-mexico/

Feb 2007
In my mind
What was confusing about that exchange?

The enforcement policy, the zero tolerance, separate the kids form their parents bullshit is, or was, the policy of the Trump administration. Where does someone say the president made this law?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
What was confusing about that exchange?

The enforcement policy, the zero tolerance, separate the kids form their parents bullshit is, or was, the policy of the Trump administration. Where does someone say the president made this law?
"They have broken a law but only as deemed so by the president"

Does that sound like someone who understands US Immigration Law to you?

Before you respond, let me remind you that the President didn't write or sign into law Title 8 of the U.S. Nationality Act or U.S.C. 1325.

Those laws were already in place when the President was elected.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN

Before you respond, let me remind you that the President didn't write or sign into law Title 8 of the U.S. Nationality Act or U.S.C. 1325.

When was the law passed that made it legal to rip kids away from immigrants seeking asylum?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
When was the law passed that made it legal to rip kids away from immigrants seeking asylum?
There is no such law and ripping kids from immigrants seeking asylum never happened.

You are parroting fake news.

The children who are in the FRC's are children of people who have entered the Country illegally.

Not asylum seekers.

Asylum seekers do not have to enter the Country illegally.

They have a legal right to enter.

Feb 2007
In my mind

It sounds like someone that understands the **** president opted to have the laws enforced in a manner that was fairly fucked up, that being the zero tolerance and separation.

There seems to be a level of obtuseness and ignorance among Turmp fans, present company excluded, where the totally fail to realize that the level of enforcement of these laws are dictated by the administration, in pretense that Turmp had no other option when fucking reality clearly said he did. Clearly Breitbart is providing intellectual masturbatory fodder for these people in that article.