Senior Democrat: Ban Teens From Wearing MAGA Hats

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
The President is not calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.

You are parroting fake news ...... AGAIN ......
Well he's not any more, but he was. Or was this a joke? And what is fake about that direct quote from him? Regardless, Yarmuth was OBVIOUSLY mocking that statement by the President. Obviously.

And, wasting my time.
Wasting your time? You're here virtually every time I log on, which implies you're here a lot more than I am.

Have a great morning.
Will do. You brighten my mornings every time we talk.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
I'm not crying. I just don't get why his obvious joke is still being treated like it was an actual proposal to ban hats. Only an idiot would think that. I don't even think anyone in this thread believes it was. They may have initially because they are on constant outrage watch, and got tricked. Now they just don't want to admit they stuck their foot in thei mouth (or whatever the keyboard equivalent of that is).

I take my liberty seriously, for a politician to joke about violating our constitution, I guess I just don't find that funny.

That's my opinion on your idiotic strawman.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
"I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of teenagers wearing MAGA hats"
-Rep. John Yarmuth

No one ever said this law maker was proposing legislation in this case.

And, your denial is pathetic ....... but, predictable.
Then why does the thread title says, "Senior Democrat Ban Teens Rrom Wearing MAGA Hats" and NOT PROPOSES IT???

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Ok, but that's not what a strawman is.

So you can quote me then where I relayed that I took his comments as a serious call to ban said hats.

I simply pointed out the statement was fascist and unconstitutional. I said nothing about how serious he was. That is your straw man. Thanks for playing.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
So you can quote me then where I relayed that I took his comments as a serious call to ban said hats.

I simply pointed out the statement was fascist and unconstitutional. I said nothing about how serious he was. That is your straw man. Thanks for playing.
I don't have to show that, because I never said you did. In fact I said I didn't think anyone in the thread believed the comment was a serious proposal.

I just don't understand why people are treating it like it is one. I have to guess it's because they are on constant outrage alert, so this was the best they could find at the moment.

OMG! Congressman uses sarcasm in tweet! Watch me signal how patriotic I am by pretending to be outraged!

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
I don't have to show that, because I never said you did. In fact I said I didn't think anyone in the thread believed the comment was a serious proposal.

I just don't understand why people are treating it like it is one. I have to guess it's because they are on constant outrage alert, so this was the best they could find at the moment.

OMG! Congressman uses sarcasm in tweet! Watch me signal how patriotic I am by pretending to be outraged!

ok, then I will:

I never said Trump couldn't make sarcastic jabs, either. And Yarmuth isn't "my guy".

Why are you taking Yarmuth's words literally? Why not just acknowledge the obvious instead of repeatedly making yourself look stupid?