Serenity Now : No...no..no.. the Mueller Report did NOT clearly state there was "no collusion".

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
wtf are you babbling about?
AG William Barr appoints prosecutor, working with intelligence chiefs to examine origins of Russia probe

Durham's inquiry, which will focus on whether the government's methods to collect intelligence relating to the Trump campaign were lawful and appropriate, is separate from an investigation by the Justice Department's inspector general. The agency's watchdog is also examining the Russia probe's origins and Barr has said he expects the watchdog report to be done in May or June.

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions had appointed another U.S. attorney, John Huber, in March 2018 to review aspects of the Russia investigation, following grievances from Republican lawmakers.

The review by Huber, Utah's top federal prosecutor and an Obama administration holdover, is a "full, complete and objective evaluation" of Republican concerns, Sessions said at the time.

Both the inspector general's investigation and the probe being conducted by Huber are winding down, the person familiar with the inquiries said.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
haven't you been complaining about the Mueller probe for the last two years because you thought it was an investigation looking for a crime?
A lot of what I said early on was a misunderstanding of counter-intelligence investigations (which do not require a crime), but apparently only the FBI saw evidence of conspiracy with Russia and launched their probe without even notifying Klapper.

Mueller did his job. But I am against special prosecutors in general and think that the authorization process needs a full scale audit.

The entire problem is the summer and early spring before Mueller was authorized. I don't have the time, energy or interest in doing a deep dive, but I look forward to the AG and IG's reports. I think bias in investigators needs to be confronted.