Serious Discussian On War

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Very fair question. Because we have a direct interest due to foreign trade. We are global economic power. And if our economy gets hurt...it hurts everyone. At least that is more altruistic than I would be. The selfish reason is...because it directly impacts our ability to trade.

Unless you mean Israel specifically. In which case? Regional stability. And Israel is an ally. And an ally we can trust to support regional stability.
No, we were discussing Ports. Fair answer.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
John Fowles (slightly paraphrased): "Men make war because it allows them to look serious; because it is the only they can do to stop the women from laughing at them."

If the women would only stop laughing at us men all the time, there would never be another war!!
I promise I will not laugh.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I used to play Army when I was a little girl.

Humans have evolved a fight or flight mechanism just like other animals. We are not naturally aggressive unless there is a reason. That reason is being threatened. We don't walk around feeling aggressive 24/7/365. It's triggered when we feel threatened. Feeling threatened can include someone belittling you or doing something that irritates you and makes you angry. But if anyone feels aggressive ALL THE TIME, they have mental issues that need to be looked into.

As far as the military turning young people into killing machines, it take a lot of work and training. It is not something that comes naturally to most people.
I was Super Woman. Used to jump off the porch banister with my blue cape on. My mom had bought me a blue skirt and cape.:)

Jan 2016
Colorado
It really isn’t a “scare tactic.” Russia has been looking for warm water ports since they’ve had an organized government in the region. :shrug:
Well, then, Mission Accomplished for Vladimir Putin and the Russians. Syria is now a client state of Russia, Lock, Stock, and Barrel, as Assad owes his very existence, his LIFE, to Putin. Assad would be DEAD if Putin had not intervened in a major way in the Syrian Civil War.

He's got his warm water ports, right there.

Jul 2014
midwest
John Fowles (slightly paraphrased): "Men make war because it allows them to look serious; because it is the only they can do to stop the women from laughing at them."

If the women would only stop laughing at us men all the time, there would never be another war!!
You are delusional if you think women will ever stop laughing at men.

Of course, it is completely justified most of the time...

So, there will ALWAYS be another war.

And one after that, and one after that, and...

Human nature.

Jan 2016
Colorado
You are delusional if you think women will ever stop laughing at men.

Of course, it is completely justified most of the time...

So, there will ALWAYS be another war.

And one after that, and one after that, and...

Human nature.
You are delusional if you think I'll ever stop laughing at you, Miller47. You don't even realize I was making a 'funny'.

Dec 2018
Florida
Well, then, Mission Accomplished for Vladimir Putin and the Russians. Syria is now a client state of Russia, Lock, Stock, and Barrel, as Assad owes his very existence, his LIFE, to Putin. Assad would be DEAD if Putin had not intervened in a major way in the Syrian Civil War.

He's got his warm water ports, right there.
Not...really. Turkey and Georgia are in the way. Sure. They can traffic them through, but it is a long way. And relations can still go south. Especially with turkey. But it certainly isn’t “off the table.”