Serious Question: Would this country be better off if we could make Trump President for life?

Serious Question: Would this country be better off if we could make Trump President for life?

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 2015
UK
I assume someone has already shared this.

And who could forget Bush 43's classic quote about dictatorship being ok as long as he's the dictator?

Republicans are much more publicly war-oriented than Democrats. (Which isn't to say that Democrats don't wage wars, but Republicans tend to stroke their own egos about their wars much more than Democrats do.) And I think getting drunk on war powers makes this fantasy of being dictator for life much more appealing.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
I voted yes. I have yet to experience a president who died naturally while in office, I hear those funerals are really great and a time for celebration. The Kennedy funeral was naturally depressing with half the nation wailing and crying, and wondering if the Russians were behind it.

So I want the next funeral to be a fun event and something we can look forward to.

• Haha
Reactions: highway234

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go
Can't really speak to Harding but Ford was a placeholder presidency. Carter was basically the only real president who really made an effort to avoid taking human life while in office.

But the message here is pretty clear. Republican or Democrat, once you're president you'll be ordering up wars, no doubt. But the two parties benefit from wars differently, so they wage them slightly differently.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I voted yes. I have yet to experience a president who died naturally while in office, I hear those funerals are really great and a time for celebration. The Kennedy funeral was naturally depressing with half the nation wailing and crying, and wondering if the Russians were behind it.

So I want the next funeral to be a fun event and something we can look forward to.
Thanks for admitting that you yes vote was a joke too.
So that means not a single serious vote for YES was cast.