Sessions’ own church accuses him of child abuse over immigration policy

Feb 2007
In my mind
Wow.

Remember when Sessions cited his mythological doctrines as a basis for his hateful enforcement of the Turmp policy?

Yeah, well, his own church, where he worships, is takign him to task for that and the policy in general.

Indeed, the church cites his "misuse" of their scriptures as part of their complaint.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/19/sessi...s-him-of-child-abuse-over-immigration-policy/

Among the critics of the Trump administration policy that is separating children from their parents are 600 members of the United Methodist Church — the same congregation where Attorney General Jeff Sessions worships.

Churchgoers and church leaders signed onto a letter on Monday accusing Sessions, who announced the “zero tolerance” policy in April, of violating the denomination’s Book of Discipline.

They accuse him of child abuse, immorality, racial discrimination and “dissemination of doctrines contrary to the established standards of doctrines” of the United Methodist Church.

The doctrine refers to Sessions’ “misuse” of Romans 13 about obeying the government because it is ordained by God to defend the policy.
The letter also notes that Sessions belongs
to the Ashland Place United Methodist Church in Mobile, Ala.

Oct 2017
Midwest
I am surprised Sessions is a Methodist. I think of UMC as fairly mainstream. I go to Methodist churches sometimes when I am out of town or something. But if a trumpster has to chose between God and Trump...
Wow.

Remember when Sessions cited his mythological doctrines as a basis for his hateful enforcement of the Turmp policy?

Yeah, well, his own church, where he worships, is takign him to task for that and the policy in general.

Indeed, the church cites his "misuse" of their scriptures as part of their complaint.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/19/sessi...s-him-of-child-abuse-over-immigration-policy/

Among the critics of the Trump administration policy that is separating children from their parents are 600 members of the United Methodist Church — the same congregation where Attorney General Jeff Sessions worships.

Churchgoers and church leaders signed onto a letter on Monday accusing Sessions, who announced the “zero tolerance” policy in April, of violating the denomination’s Book of Discipline.

They accuse him of child abuse, immorality, racial discrimination and “dissemination of doctrines contrary to the established standards of doctrines” of the United Methodist Church.

The doctrine refers to Sessions’ “misuse” of Romans 13 about obeying the government because it is ordained by God to defend the policy.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Wow.

Yeah, well, his own church, where he worships, is takign him to task for that and the policy in

Sorry, I posted on the same thing did not see yours.

MODS, please merge. Thank you.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
Wow.

Sessions won't care. He's not a man of faith. He's just a racist who, like millions of southern racists of his era, found fake religious sentiments to be a more socially acceptable way to push their racism.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Sessions won't care. He's not a man of faith. He's just a racist who, like millions of southern racists of his era, found fake religious sentiments to be a more socially acceptable way to push their racism.
Sessions will care that so many Pastors of his own Church have sued him. They made him a laughing stock..

Brian Selter is a Methodist and he said he was surprised they came out so strong right at the beginning I have attended a Methodist Church we used to go to. If it was not so far to drive I would still be there

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Wow.

I have a family member who echoed Sessions' argument regarding obeying the law and respecting it being the Christian or biblical thing to do.

I asked him if that went for Roe v. Wade as well?

Silence and a glare was all I got back.