Sessions says ‘we will leave no stone unturned’ to find missing FBI text messages

Feb 2007
In my mind
Oh, I believe you Jefferson Beauregard.

I firmly believe that you will, as attorney general, use the full force and might of your department in a quest to satisfy the self exonerating delusions of the president and support his wild ass claims of criminality of his former opponent.

Indeed, I also firmly believe that the president thinks the DoJ is his personal prosecutorial force.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...72cf78dbeee_story.html?utm_term=.4d26579c0190

The Justice Department’s inspector general is investigating why the FBI did not retain text messages for five months, including those exchanged by two senior officials involved in the probes of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said late Monday that he has spoken to Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz about the missing text messages and that “a review is already underway to ascertain what occurred” and determine whether the missing text messages can be recovered.

“We will leave no stone unturned to confirm with certainty why these text messages are not now available to be produced and will use every technology available to determine whether the missing messages are recoverable from another source,” Sessions said in a statement.

Jan 2011
San Diego, CA
Oh, I believe you Jefferson Beauregard.

I firmly believe that you will, as attorney general, use the full force and might of your department in a quest to satisfy the self exonerating delusions of the president and support his wild ass claims of criminality of his former opponent.

Indeed, I also firmly believe that the president thinks the DoJ is his personal prosecutorial force.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...72cf78dbeee_story.html?utm_term=.4d26579c0190

The Justice Department’s inspector general is investigating why the FBI did not retain text messages for five months, including those exchanged by two senior officials involved in the probes of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said late Monday that he has spoken to Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz about the missing text messages and that “a review is already underway to ascertain what occurred” and determine whether the missing text messages can be recovered.

“We will leave no stone unturned to confirm with certainty why these text messages are not now available to be produced and will use every technology available to determine whether the missing messages are recoverable from another source,” Sessions said in a statement.
For someone named "I think for myself" you certainly do sound an awful lot like Rachel Maddow

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
I wonder why Libs don’t want this looked into.

Hmmmmmm.....
It's a waste of time; the missing messages all pre-date Mueller's appointment. The best they hope for is a few messages insulting Trump - which wouldn't have any effect on Mueller's investigation. For it to have an effect, you'd have to prove that investigator biases were impacting the investigation itself. Providing that the investigators have personal opinions means nothing.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Border Fence
I wonder why Libs don’t want this looked into.

Hmmmmmm.....
Even at their worst, what would these email uncover? That federal employees did not like Donald Trump?

Do you really believe these email contain the plans to over-throw the Trump campaign?

Wouldn't you agree that at the most these email are an embarrassment to the FBI and not some nefarious plots or conspiracies to harm Donald Trump's campaign.

You can not carve a web of conspiracy in a nice compact chunk. If conspiracy is there...it goes beyond a specific time-frame and a time chunk of emails.

Conspiracy theories can be compacted into nice little time chunks. They fit nicely.

Sep 2014
United States
Even at their worst, what would these email uncover? That federal employees did not like Donald Trump?

Do you really believe these email contain the plans to over-throw the Trump campaign?

Wouldn't you agree that at the most these email are an embarrassment to the FBI and not some nefarious plots or conspiracies to harm Donald Trump's campaign.

You can not carve a web of conspiracy in a nice compact chunk. If conspiracy is there...it goes beyond a specific time-frame and a time chunk of emails.

Conspiracy theories can be compacted into nice little time chunks. They fit nicely.
We have no idea what is in them. That’s the point.

We do know these two talked about an “insurance policy” in case of a Trump win in Andy McCabe’s office, so there is reason to see the rest of the text for that crucial 5 month period.