Sex trafficking

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
No, but I think you'll find a lot of people who don't understand that it is a real problem in this country. They think it happens other places, but not in the USA.

The first time I heard about this story, it was so bizarre that I did not believe it could possibly be true:

The Abramoff-DeLay-Mariana Islands Connection : NPR

Enslaved in America: Sex Trafficking in the United States - Women's Funding NetworkWomen's Funding Network
It happens more often than you think...I have read a lot of books written by survivors. I was shocked by how easy it is for a young girl or boy to find themselves in a cargo container and shipped overseas. Once they are gone, they are locked down and finding them becomes almost impossible.

Reactions: 1 person

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
No, but I think you'll find a lot of people who don't understand that it is a real problem in this country. They think it happens other places, but not in the USA.

The first time I heard about this story, it was so bizarre that I did not believe it could possibly be true:

The Abramoff-DeLay-Mariana Islands Connection : NPR

Enslaved in America: Sex Trafficking in the United States - Women's Funding NetworkWomen's Funding Network
I've been reading a lot about unsolved crimes. The Trail Went Cold is my new favorite podcast. And there's a lot of famous unsolved crimes that probably have some sort of connection to sex trafficking. Since the El Dorado Jane Doe was a prostitute, she's definitely one (Long story short, she was murdered by her boyfriend/pimp. Turned out that the name she was living under was a stolen identity and her true identity is a mystery). Now this case might actually be connected to a couple of other unsolved crimes, including the Fort Worth Three (three young women who disappeared while visiting a local mall. Some theorize they were abducted and forced into prostitution). Another case is Laureen Rahn, a young woman who disappeared from the apartment she lived in one night, which has some possible connections to the sex industry.

Reactions: 1 person