Sexual assault, #metoo and related

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast
It is with great trepidation I bring this up but there are a few points I'd be interested in the opinion that, in particular, the female members have on the current rash of sexual assault/harassment charges.

First, I am the first to say that for sure it is something that has been going on for a long time. I can't tell you the number of times I have been very disgusted by the actions of various business acquaintances and more distant family members, primarily male towards females, particularly females in a subordinate or apparently subordinate position to them. And others just in and around me.

But, and here is my main point here, there are degrees. And there is also the phenomenon of bandwagon thinking. As well as the phenomenon of overreaction.

As a case in point the Al Franken situation. Yes, the picture was crass at best, but it really doesn't look to be him touching her. Then there is the agressive kiss with tongue. That crosses the line if the tale told by the accuser is correct, no question asked.

But look at this video of the USO show and tell me what you then think.

[video=youtube;RU2u__yBP4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU2u__yBP4M[/video]

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
It is with great trepidation I bring this up but there are a few points I'd be interested in the opinion that, in particular, the female members have on the current rash of sexual assault/harassment charges.

First, I am the first to say that for sure it is something that has been going on for a long time. I can't tell you the number of times I have been very disgusted by the actions of various business acquaintances and more distant family members, primarily male towards females, particularly females in a subordinate or apparently subordinate position to them. And others just in and around me.

But, and here is my main point here, there are degrees. And there is also the phenomenon of bandwagon thinking. As well as the phenomenon of overreaction.

As a case in point the Al Franken situation. Yes, the picture was crass at best, but it really doesn't look to be him touching her. Then there is the agressive kiss with tongue. That crosses the line if the tale told by the accuser is correct, no question asked.

But look at this video of the USO show and tell me what you then think.

[video=youtube;RU2u__yBP4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU2u__yBP4M[/video]
I saw this before.

My understanding is that most USO show's get pretty raunchy? I mean showing how you should tap an ass vs. grabbing it?

Agree about over reaction in some cases.

The forced kiss is a big hell no to me, but IMO the picture was just really, really bad idea gone wrong.

I wonder too how many guys like having their ass grabbed by a women they don't know?