Sheriffs in rural America refusing to enforce federal gun laws

lka

Mar 2012
Gone
Yes!

Only the ELITES who reside in Washington, or, who make laws for everyone else, can "understand the Constitution."

Besides, it wasn't written for the Little People. It was written for those in power........
I thought the Liberals didn't like the Constitution

lka

Mar 2012
Gone
Whats interesting is how sheriffs can go pretty much unchecked. No state, local or even federal cop will usually challenge them. There have been some but very few. Oathkeepers is currently quite the growing organization.
The people keep them in check.

Reactions: 1 person

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Hopefully this doesn't lead to any kind of animosity or poor working conditions between agencies. I know that in more rural areas police and county law enforcement are often assisted by state troopers. As the legal law enforcement on interstate highways, for funding reasons alone the state patrol won't be able to disregard federal law.

If this turns into a pissing match of "well they won't help us enforce laws we're responsible for then maybe we won't be so eager to respond and enforce the laws they need our assistance with"... it could lead to some trouble or even tragedy.

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
I thought the Liberals didn't like the Constitution
They love certain parts of it.

But, they love DICTATING to others what rights they can enjoy, even more....

Sadly, I am almost convinced that the US Constitution, is pretty much a defunct document.

Nov 2010
Yes!

Only the ELITES who reside in Washington, or, who make laws for everyone else, can "understand the Constitution."

Besides, it wasn't written for the Little People. It was written for those in power........

There you go deflecting again and making idiotic comments that have nothing to do with my comment

the judicial branch is the determiner of constitutional or not, not me, not you, not rural sheriff.

The fact some of you praise a cop for making up his own laws and refusing to do his job of enforcing laws is pretty telling, and shows who is disrespectful of the constitution. The sheriff enforces laws, doesn't make them, does determine which laws he likes and how the laws are to be interpreted.

Oh, but it's a law I don't like, so I'll make stupid comments and defense of the indefensible to be a partisan hack.

Yeah, take that dims and lefttwits!

Nov 2010
They love certain parts of it.

But, they love DICTATING to others what rights they can enjoy, even more....

Sadly, I am almost convinced that the US Constitution, is pretty much a defunct document.
You guys are a joke, here you are ignoring the government that the constitution sets up, ignoring that judicial branch determines constitutionality of the laws, and then claim it's the liberals that don't like the constitution. While praising the sheriffs for not doing their jobs over laws That they don't like. LOL

As usual, your idiotic, hypocritical, partisan ways are on display.

Now expect the following rom you:

"Stereotypes and generalizations !" (Ironically, look who is generalizing liberals)

"Some other deflection not making a point"

Some persecution comment

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
You guys think that the US Constitution only covers YOUR rights.

We feel that it covers the rights of ALL, and that there are specific amendments that cover certain UNALIENABLE rights.....for ALL.

NOT just Liberals......

Apr 2012
East coast USA
Around here the Sheriff is no more than a warrant server. They also round up fugitives if easy.

Assholes. Most stupid and senseless.
But what do expect from such a lowly career choice. What kind of person joins these fraternities ?
What happens when you give a person like this power ?

Nov 2010
You guys think that the US Constitution only covers YOUR rights.

We feel that it covers the rights of ALL, and that there are specific amendments that cover certain UNALIENABLE rights.....for ALL.

NOT just Liberals......
Thanks for telling us how we think, like you bitch about all the time, even today LOL

And thanks for confirming my argument was spot on by deflecting again and offering no rebuttal