Sherrod Brown Ad

Jul 2014
midwest
He actually won in 2000, not that that matters to you; and as I pointed out, he's significantly YOUNGER than Donald Trump. Shrug. Laughable that you call him a 'Crazed Sex Poodle', given the Pussy Grabber we now have in the Oval Office. Who are you trying to kid, buster?
Actually he didn't.

If he had "won", he'd have been president, now wouldn't he?

But, he didn't, so he wasn't.

The amazing thing is that some people are still whining about it nearly two decades later...

Jul 2014
midwest
Where did Miller get the,” Crazed sex poodle,” from? I swear these blooming idiots on the right have the most vivid imaginations.

We do know the Rhenquist Supreme Court installed a 20 year drunk, giving us an 18 year war, killing hundreds of thousands. That is fact!
Just google the words "crazed sex poodle" and take your pick from many sources...

Ya just can't make this sthuff up!

Jul 2014
midwest
What is there you do not like,except a few crazy talking points like him hugging?

I am a hugging person to people I like. No one would think ill of me if I admired, even hugged young boys.

The man has spent his lifetime serving. He even wanted to sell his family house for money to pay his Son’s medical bills. Obama did not want him to do that. He would see they were paid.

Those are the little things that make a person, not the made up stories you hear from Right wing,disgusting sources that delight in spreading their filth.
He goes WAAAAY past "hugging".

He's a groper, and a pretty bad one at that.

You should watch some of his videos.

They are great examples of inappropriate behavior...

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
@MaryAnne thought of you when I read this.

On a table in his reception area sit a miner’s safety lamp, a United Mine Workers beer stein, and a plaque with a caged canary, a symbol of the progress made in workplace safety in the past century. Instead of a senatorial pin, he wears a canary on the lapel of his union-made-in-Ohio suit. He has been talking about unions, adequate wages and benefits, affordable housing and prescription drugs, access to health care, and unfair trade deals long after it ceased being fashionable, and long before it became fashionable again.

Brown’s approach to politics is a kind of throwback: He wants to return to a period when the American middle class was strong and secure, and its champion was the Democratic Party. Nothing would test the proposition that the Democratic Party can regain its old working-class base like a presidential candidacy of Sherrod Brown. He has a strong record on issues of race and gender, but you’re less likely to hear him speak of patriarchy and white supremacy, let alone intersectionality, than of justice, equality, and dignity for all people. It’s a real question whether this will make him acceptable to progressive activists today.

These numbers suggest that Brown might be the kind of Democrat who can win in what he called the “four states that most matter”—Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. But his weakness as a candidate is the possibility that he embodies a party that no longer exists. If Democrats deepen their image as a bicoastal party of educated and urban voters who feel less and less solidarity with older, whiter residents of the heartland, then the four states that most matter might remain out of reach in 2020.

Why Sherrod Brown Wants to Be President - The Atlantic

Reactions: MaryAnne
Jan 2016
Colorado
Actually he didn't.

The amazing thing is that some people are still whining about it nearly two decades later...
You misapprehend what I am saying. I am saying that it was a STOLEN election, and that future historians will certainly record and report it as such.

Reactions: MaryAnne
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
@MaryAnne thought of you when I read this.

On a table in his reception area sit a miner’s safety lamp, a United Mine Workers beer stein, and a plaque with a caged canary, a symbol of the progress made in workplace safety in the past century. Instead of a senatorial pin, he wears a canary on the lapel of his union-made-in-Ohio suit. He has been talking about unions, adequate wages and benefits, affordable housing and prescription drugs, access to health care, and unfair trade deals long after it ceased being fashionable, and long before it became fashionable again.

Brown’s approach to politics is a kind of throwback: He wants to return to a period when the American middle class was strong and secure, and its champion was the Democratic Party. Nothing would test the proposition that the Democratic Party can regain its old working-class base like a presidential candidacy of Sherrod Brown. He has a strong record on issues of race and gender, but you’re less likely to hear him speak of patriarchy and white supremacy, let alone intersectionality, than of justice, equality, and dignity for all people. It’s a real question whether this will make him acceptable to progressive activists today.

These numbers suggest that Brown might be the kind of Democrat who can win in what he called the “four states that most matter”—Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. But his weakness as a candidate is the possibility that he embodies a party that no longer exists. If Democrats deepen their image as a bicoastal party of educated and urban voters who feel less and less solidarity with older, whiter residents of the heartland, then the four states that most matter might remain out of reach in 2020.

Why Sherrod Brown Wants to Be President - The Atlantic
Thank you! This is the Sherrod I have seen in action. He is against certain tariffs that hurt the American worker. But he disagrees how Trump is doing things. He told Trump the law that allows companies tax breaks to take jobs out of the country. He wants that abolished.

Here is the NEW DEAL that I support. There will be changes, of course, but we are making a start that shows clearly what Democrats stand for.

One thing I might mention is those elected to Congress are setting about turning the HOUSE upside down compared to what we have seen in the last ten years. Cleaning up another Republican mess.

Democrats launch 10-year 'Green New Deal' for clean energy | Reuters

If Trump was smart he would jump on the Democratic bandwagon. He could make a name for hmself. But I think Trump is too far into his fantasy world to do that.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Just google the words "crazed sex poodle" and take your pick from many sources...

Ya just can't make this sthuff up!
No thanks, I know google has many stories I do not agree with, but your statng it in your post tells me a great deal. I think it is pathetic you use it.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Actually he didn't.

Thanks to Rehnquist one time decision. You can not get more icky than that.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
He goes WAAAAY past "hugging".

He's a groper, and a pretty bad one at that.

You should watch some of his videos.

They are great examples of inappropriate behavior...
I have seen Joe Biden. He is a loving, friendly man, unlike the trash in the WhiteHouse.

Jul 2014
midwest
You misapprehend what I am saying. I am saying that it was a STOLEN election, and that future historians will certainly record and report it as such.
That is factually incorrect.

Even if it WAS correct, and it's not, as Hillary once said..."what difference, at this point does it make?"

Except to give the whiney whiners another thing to whine about?

They just loves to whine about things that are completely meaningless...