Sherrod Brown

Jun 2014
United States
Meh. Passing more "background check" legislation wouldn't make any difference.

If they can't even pass a symbolic bill just so they could say they "did something", then they surely aren't going to pass any legislation that would directly address the problem with an effective solution.

Nov 2018
Maryland
I do agree with Sherrod's call for Trump to speak out against the hateful ideology that fosters this kind of behavior, but that's not gonna happen either.

Trump can't afford to alienate his base.
What hateful ideology are you talking about?

Nov 2018
Maryland
If nothing else, McConnell's inaction puts the Republicans on the record as refusing to make even a token effort at doing anything about gun violence.
What do you want the Republicans to do -- gun confiscation?

And, explain how more background checks are going to stop gun violence?

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
Meh. Passing more "background check" legislation wouldn't make any difference.

If they can't even pass a symbolic bill just so they could say they "did something", then they surely aren't going to pass any legislation that would directly address the problem with an effective solution.
Look Debbie Downer:confused:, it is what it is. Universal Backgound won't stop everyone, but will stop some.
Besides, Brown is asking for Mitch to pass the bi-partisan House bill banning assault weapons.

Jun 2014
United States
Look Debbie Downer:confused:, it is what it is. Universal Backgound won't stop everyone, but will stop some.
Besides, Brown is asking for Mitch to pass the bi-partisan House bill banning assault weapons.

I support an assault weapons ban, but I'll have to be a Debbie Downer about the likelihood of that passing as well.

Tinkering around with background checks is a worthless waste of time.