Should Americans who knowingly hire illegal aliens be prosecuted?

Nov 2008
Washington state
Since most illegals come here for jobs, I would argue "YES".

That would be much more effective than any wall.

What say you?
It’s been illegal to hire undocumented workers for a long time Is it illegal for an individual to hire undocumented workers. When a business hires a person the application should ask if they are a legal citizen. The applicant has to provide a Social Security number so the employer can withhold Federal income taxes and Social Security and Medicare contributions. That’s the law

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 2011
NYC
No lies Rev and you know it.
This topic is not about you specifically but you are a perfect example of the problem this country faces.
Everyone who hires illegals can say they are helping out poor immigrant families but that is pure BS.
They/you are giving illegals a reason to break our laws while saving themselves $$$.

As long as we give them jobs they will not stop coming.....and at this point the Trump admin has almost forced them to sneak in because legal immigration has been all but shut down at the border.

I suggest dropping it since you are part of the problem Rev and have no way of looking good here.

You quoted me, now you want to pretend it’s not about me?

Like I said, sanctuary state. You want to break up this family? How are you any better than trump? Hint your worse

Jul 2014
Border Fence
We barely have enough money to keep the status quo of immigration solvent.

Where are we going to get all of these agent investigators, judges, courtrooms, staff and supplies to go out and catch all of these immigration employment law-breakers.

The federal government goes after employers now. There effort is so light as to look as if they are not even open for business.

Jan 2014
south
We barely have enough money to keep the status quo of immigration solvent.

Where are we going to get all of these agent investigators, judges, courtrooms, staff and supplies to go out and catch all of these immigration employment law-breakers.

The federal government goes after employers now. There effort is so light as to look as if they are not even open for business.
as I've said before - don't pass laws you know you cannot enforce. money doesn't grow on trees and there is a cost for all laws.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Slaves were kidnapped and brought here in chains.
Ilegals walk hundreds of miles to live and work here.

See the difference?
Slave owners used a whip to keep their slaves in line. Bosses of illegals threaten to call ICE to keep their illegals in line with substandard wages and no benefits. See the similarity? We need to fix the problem, not just maintain the status quo.

Nov 2015
UK
Since most illegals come here for jobs, I would argue "YES".

That would be much more effective than any wall.

What say you?
F*** me, @Devil505 has finally said something sensible!!

Employers get fined and jailed in the UK for employing illegals. Only trouble is, only applicable to those employed from outside of the EU so we still suffer the dregs of Europe.

But yes, America should and I'm surprised you guys don't already do that.

Penalties for employing illegal workers

It wouldn't be more or less effective than a wall, it's just another tool to be used towards combating illegal immigration.

Our wall is called the English Channel.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
as I've said before - don't pass laws you know you cannot enforce. money doesn't grow on trees and there is a cost for all laws.
While I agree, laws requiring employers and renters to verify legal residency are enforceable. They'll need the tools to do so such as a beefed up version of E-verify. Penalties should be severe with some jail time attached for violators. Toss a few employers and renters in jail and the others will do their best to comply.

The anti-immigrant, pro-wall crowd keeps screaming about the cost of illegals. Such a measure not only solves the illegal immigration problem at the border, but visa-overstays and those illegals already here.