Should Americans who knowingly hire illegal aliens be prosecuted?

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
agree. but, since e-verify is not a federal law, states may have their own version (or no version) of it. now, if the federal government would mandate, through legislation, that all employment is subject to the same laws and penalties for violation are stiff enough, there may be a chance to slowly get the situation under control. but, will congress do that? I'm skeptical.
That's the point; make it law.

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Plenty of illegals are employed all over this country, not just in CA.
How about if you are the Republican governor of Massachusetts?

Illegal immigrants toiled for governor
December 1, 2006
SUCHITEPEQUEZ, Guatemala -- Outside his aqua-colored concrete house here, Rene Alvarez Rosales paused under an almond tree to answer questions about a subject with which he has surprising familiarity: Governor Mitt Romney's Belmont lawn.
For about eight years, Rosales said, he worked on and off landscaping the grounds at Romney's home, occasionally getting a "buenos dias" from Romney or a drink of water from his wife, Ann.
"She is very nice," said Rosales, 49.
About 6 miles away in Copado, a 37-year-old man who recently returned to Guatemala from the United States told a similar story, describing long days tending Romney's 2 1/2-acre grounds.

"They wanted that house to look really nice," said the worker, who asked to remain anonymous. "It took a long time."
Illegal immigrants toiled for governor
Liberals: Profiling is racist!
Also liberals: Employers should know who illegals are just by looking at them.

Jan 2008
Florida
Liberals: Profiling is racist!
Also liberals: Employers should know who illegals are just by looking at them.
Doing due-diligence on your potential employees to see if they are here legaly is not profiling.......it's federal law!

Bottom line is that we need these immigrants working in our country and must find a way to allow them in legally, in numbers and with a path to citizenship for good behavior.

Last edited:
Jan 2008
Florida
Don’t mind Devil, he’s just trying to troll me again over the fact I have an illegal as a grounds keeper. If I had never posted that he’d not be on the side he’s on.

It’s funny as shit.
Don't mind the Rev, he just knows he made a mistake bragging about how rich he is and how he breaks federal law to stay rich.

There are many rich individuals and businesses like the Rev who encourage illegal immigration.......Trump himself is one of them.
This topic is aimed at preventing employers from encouraging illegals the smart way: Punish employers!

Jul 2011
NYC
Don't mind the Rev, he just knows he made a mistake bragging about how rich he is and how he breaks federal law to stay rich.

There are many rich individuals and businesses like the Rev who encourage illegal immigration.......Trump himself is one of them.
This topic is aimed at preventing employers from encouraging illegals the smart way: Punish employers!

I live in a sanctuary state, 99 problems, you ain’t one.

We know you struggle sometimes, but it’s ok devil, I pay him way more than I’d pay you.

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Doing due-diligence on your potential employees to see if they are here legaly is not profiling.......it's federal law!

Bottom line is that we need these immigrants working in our country and must find a way to allow them in legally, in numbers and with a path to citizenship for good behavior.
Except that most employers aren't allowed to ask potential employees their immigration status. Pre-Employment Inquiries and Citizenship