Should Americans who knowingly hire illegal aliens be prosecuted?

Jan 2014
south
Which is why it needs to be a Federal law. Same goes for giving illegals IDs, benefits and sanctuary.
federal laws mean the feds are in charge of enforcement. it is not illegal for state and local law enforcement to refuse to enforce federal laws.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I live in a sanctuary state, 99 problems, you ain’t one.
You live in the state of Denial.

We know you struggle sometimes, but it’s ok devil, I pay him way more than I’d pay you.
LOL...It's no struggle to destroy your arguments and insults Rev.
After all these years you should know that I enjoy these repartees as much as you do and should know by now that I'm a much better "Reparteer" than you!

Every time you turn one of these topics into an insult-fest with me....you lose.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Except that most employers aren't allowed to ask potential employees their immigration status. Pre-Employment Inquiries and Citizenship
Read your own link:
"The INA requires employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all employees hired after November 6, 1986, by completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) Form Homepage, and reviewing documents showing the employee's identity and employment authorization. Other state and federal laws require some employers to use E-Verify."

Last edited:
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
making congress do something ain't as easy as it may seem. just like passing an amendment to change the 14th amendment to eliminate "anchor babies".
Agreed. Passing an Amendment is very difficult, unlikely in this age of highly partisan disagreement. Passing a law going after employers of illegals is much easier.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
federal laws mean the feds are in charge of enforcement. it is not illegal for state and local law enforcement to refuse to enforce federal laws.
And? What's the problem? Just stop giving Federal money to sanctuary cities and give it to the FBI, ICE and DHS.

Dec 2015
Your Heart!
Plenty of illegals are employed all over this country, not just in CA.
How about if you are the Republican governor of Massachusetts?

Illegal immigrants toiled for governor
December 1, 2006
SUCHITEPEQUEZ, Guatemala -- Outside his aqua-colored concrete house here, Rene Alvarez Rosales paused under an almond tree to answer questions about a subject with which he has surprising familiarity: Governor Mitt Romney's Belmont lawn.
For about eight years, Rosales said, he worked on and off landscaping the grounds at Romney's home, occasionally getting a "buenos dias" from Romney or a drink of water from his wife, Ann.
"She is very nice," said Rosales, 49.
About 6 miles away in Copado, a 37-year-old man who recently returned to Guatemala from the United States told a similar story, describing long days tending Romney's 2 1/2-acre grounds.

"They wanted that house to look really nice," said the worker, who asked to remain anonymous. "It took a long time."
Illegal immigrants toiled for governor
Ah, the good ol' Double Standard! Republicans don't want undocumented immigrants here in the country working yet they continue to hire them. And, it seems that even law enforcement is putting a shut eye to this situation perhaps because they know good and well that without those folks America would suffer tremendously as American citizens would not want to do the work they do by any means and the American employer would not want to have to pay higher wages plus the extra benefits like insurance, etc. to Americans working for them that they can get away with not paying the undocumented folks.