Should Democrats support Arlen Specter?

D

Devil505

As a loyal Democrat I say NO. While I feel Specter has integrity on many issues, he's a loose cannon & I hold him responsible for Thomas sitting on the Supreme Court, & therefore a detriment to this country.
Pennsylvania needs a loyal Democrat to sit in the Senate & Specter is loyal to no one.

D

Defensor

Barack Obama and Pennsylvania's Democratic Governor Rendell have already reportedly promised to "clear the field" for Specter in 2010.

Meanwhile the rank-and-file "progressives" are seething over Specter's recent comments on healthcare and the employee free choice act.

Specter may be ahead in the polls now, but I think by election day, the Republicans will be thanking Specter for giving them hope of holding onto that seat once again with an even more loyal Republican.

D

Davocrat

As a loyal Democrat I say NO. While I feel Specter has integrity on many issues, he's a loose cannon & I hold him responsible for Thomas sitting on the Supreme Court, & therefore a detriment to this country.
Pennsylvania needs a loyal Democrat to sit in the Senate & Specter is loyal to no one.
Oh, come on, Devil. He's okay. A conservative Democrat.

D

Defensor

Specter is no conservative.

And he hasn't changed a single one of his positions by switching from (R) to (D). In 2010, Pennsylvania will either get a conservative Republican , or they'll get back the same the guy the Republicans have supported for decades anyway.

D

Devil505

Oh, come on, Devil. He's okay. A conservative Democrat.
There's allot I respect about Specter but the Democratic Party needs loyal Democrats in the Senate. Why should we eklect a man who comes out & says he is NOT a loyal Democrat??? Let him run as an independent. (29 years in the Senate is enough.....Bye Arlen)

J

justoneman

Ha! Specter voted for Obama's baolouts and welfare budget. The Conservatives got so pissed off at him. In droves they wrote him. I did too. He knows his name was mud with Conservatives. He had no chance for re-election next term and he realized it. This is why he jumped. Not because of some moral high ground or something. He is where he belongs. Enjoy him Democrats.