Should each branch of our government have an independent way to enforce its decisions?

Should each branch of our government have an independent way to enforce its decisions?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Fleshing out my topic question.....here's what I had in mind:

1.Each Branch has it's own small force available to quickly confront intransigence from the Executive.
2. Legal protocols put in place to limit the Executive's use of force until all branches agree on a solution.
3. Resistance to any Branch SWAT team is a captial offense.
4. Armed conflict between branches should be legislated against in very strong terms.

More ideas?
What happens if the same party controls all the branches?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
That may be so but in order to change it, people need to vote. Seriously. Many dont. I have to think it wasnt always this way. I recall my parents laying out papers and comparing candidates. Today we decide our leaders by "who would we rather have a beer with."
One would think that, with the internet and its information (real information) available, that we could do the same thing, but I think the electronic age has dulled our collective attention span. :(

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Plus, DOJ opinions are already not binding. They are executive branch policy, not law.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
One would think that, with the internet and its information (real information) available, that we could do the same thing, but I think the electronic age has dulled our collective attention span. :(
I have to wonder if its information overload? I mean lets face it, our parents and grandparents probably were excited about voting. It was a community affair. Today we are so busy and just prefer to do other things many dont bother. Also we are bombarded with information and it does take a bit of effort to sort it all out. It used to be easier.

May 2012
By the wall
That's all we need are law enforcement agencies fighting gun battles in the streets with each other so no, it's a dumb idea.

If you don't like the way Trump is enforcing laws then vote him out or impeach him, you don't need to send your personal army after him.

Jun 2014
United States
Then Mueller was wrong to not indict....imo

One could certainly make a valid argument that it was a mistake. It was certainly a mistake, in my opinion, for Mueller not to have subpoenaed Trump to testify.

Of course, either of those actions would have tied Mueller's entire investigation up in court for years, and I'm confident that this was what he wanted to avoid.

He did expose Trump as a criminal, and the voters will have an opportunity to act on that information in 2020.