Should Mueller testify to Congress.... in open session..... to answer questions about his investigation?

Should Mueller testify to Congress. to answer questions about his investigation?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 2013
Boise, ID
I am hearing now that Nancy Pelosi might have heard or known about the findings in the Mueller report a week or two ago. Which is why she said no impeachment and riled up the far left. She pretty much was aware of the findings.
Nah, she's had impeachment off the table for months now.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I am hearing what was predicted back at the beginning, Mueller was a hero until he said what some didnt want to hear. Now he must be a traitor and testify. He is like Comey, a hero to the American public until he wasnt.
I never considered Mueller a hero as I never considered Comey anything of the sort. He is a typical lawyer and is very careful about what he says. It's very frustrating.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I never considered Mueller a hero as I never considered Comey anything of the sort. He is a typical lawyer and is very careful about what he says. It's very frustrating.
I know you didnt, but social media is out calling for Muellers head. Its just like Comey. They loved him until they hated him. People shouldnt put these investigators on such a platform.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I doubt DOJ will allow any of them to come to light until Trump is out of office. If anything the Mueller report indicated a sitting president couldnt be indicted.
That should'nt stop these tother investigations but could.....howver the state crimes are beyond the reach of Trump and the DOJ and you know Trump never claimed as income the money he stole from the Trump Foundation faux charities.

Sad when only the states can save our country from a criminal president.

Laws must be changed!!

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
This is why I want Mueller to testify. Barr and Rosenstein really only addressed whether Trump was involved in the hacking and leaking the Russians did. They ignore whether there was any quid pro quo in relation to Trump's business ambitions in Russia and the fact that he was working on all of that during the campaign and lied about it.

How William Barr Did Old Man Back-Flips to Avoid Arresting Donald Trump | emptywheel

I want to hear for myself or I want some members of Congress to hear from Mueller himself on this.
Right now we only know Trump's version of Mueller's report.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
That should'nt stop these tother investigations but could.....howver the state crimes are beyond the reach of Trump and the DOJ and you know Trump never claimed as income the money he stole from the Trump Foundation faux charities.

Sad when only the states can save our country from a criminal president.

Laws must be changed!!
I think the SDNY investigation will be kept low key. DOJ will make sure of it. We wont know anything until Trump is out of office.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I think the SDNY investigation will be kept low key. DOJ will make sure of it. We wont know anything until Trump is out of office.
So you're sure the fix is in to stymie federal criminal investigations? (I agree but the states are independent)

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I doubt DOJ will allow any of them to come to light until Trump is out of office. If anything the Mueller report indicated a sitting president couldnt be indicted.
That's one of the things congress must address.
No COTUS wording or law immunizes a sitting present from prosecution, nor should here be such a law.
40 year old DOJ opinions mean nothing.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I thought the main part of the danger was his collusion and being a puppet of russia. So specifically, what is he a specific danger to this country?
We know now that he continued working on getting Trump Tower built in Moscow during the campaign even though he lied about that. What was he willing to do or say for that deal? Why has he met with Putin without any record of what was said? Why was Kislyak at the Republican convention and why did Page and Sessions meet with him there? Why did Sessions have a second meeting with Kislyak at his Senate office? And why was the Republican platform altered so that it considerably softened its stance on Russia even though our intelligence community is so concerned about election interference among other things in relation to Russia? Why did Trump say to Russian ambassadors in the Oval Office that firing Comey got the pressure off of him concerning the Russia investigation?

Beyond all that, he has mucked up our foreign relations and his handling of N Korea has been hair raising as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't a clue about history or foreign policy. That's very dangerous. Plus, he's generally a crook. Yeah, yeah all politicians are crooks. But not like this. This is way beyond the pale.